29 days ago - req30303
US Internship - Data Virtualization / Integration / Operations
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program, with start dates 5/16, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate it to be on-site for Summer 2022.
Join the IT Big Data & Analytics (BDA) US team to engage with business clients and implement or enhance data integration flows with our data virtualization platform (Denodo) and data warehouse (SAP Business Objects).Supplement team capacity in order to meet growing Cymer Light Source business demand for data access and integration across business critical data sources across the enterprise.
Gain a deeper understanding of how data is managed, manipulated, and made available to support decision making and address business questions.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of data integration of business critical platforms and development processes
- Contribute as a developer and tester for the Denodo architecture upgrade phase 2 project to streamline data model implementation and reuse of enterprise data assets
- Re-model, re-structure and re-develop intermediate and final views to improve reuse and reduce duplication
- Engage on SAP Business Objects testing/development/support work to deliver and update data sources for enterprise analytics.
- Contribute to enhancements to the operations dashboards for Denodo, Business Objects, etc. developed on Splunk
- Develop/enhance and release Service Now forms.
- Support growing business demand for enhancements in data integration in business critical data platforms increasing team output
- Support defining and enforcing data virtualization best practices in regards to development and operations
- Help adopt testing automation to complement and potentially enhance manual testing processes
- Work with diverse types and large volumes of data from a high-tech discreet manufacturing and global customer support operations in the leading edge of semiconductor fabrication.
- Engage with a range of business unit and corporate stakeholders to understand enterprise processes, the underlying business data, and tackle opportunities for existing and new business challenges through data enablement, correlation and visualization.
Graduate student in Computer Engineering, Computer Data/Science, Data Analytics.
- Expertise with open source or commercial data integration tools (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, etc.)
- Expertise with structured content and databases / repositories (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Expertise with agile and development pipeline including test automation frameworks (Jira, Jenkins,Cucumber, etc.)
- Familiar with data impact analysis, software development practices, and data architecture concepts
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability