Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req30449
Electronics Systems Engineer - “Every day brings a new challenge just waiting to be solved.”
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
- As an Electronic Development Project Manager you will:
- Motivate the team to push the envelope, quality and sense of urgency.
- Have excellent understanding of product development flow.
- Have the capability to take high-level requirements and map them into the appropriate electrical development team resources to ensure successful delivery per top-level program plan.
- Keep the team focused and motivated throughout the development cycle.
- Have the capability to create and maintain a project plan for the electrical development team.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
Education and experience
BSEE or MSEE or equivalent experience.
- Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- MBA is plus.
- 10+ years of Electronic Systems Product Development.
- Experience in project management of complex engineering systems.
- Proven record for product delivery.
- System understanding of electronics projects (both hardware and software).
- Good process background: Project management certification a plus.
- Ability to understand systems specifications, test specifications and reports.
- Ownership mentality – desire to deliver top quality at right cost, first time right.
- Highly motivated – desire to solve problems and succeed (self-starter and driven).
- Good written and oral communications skills – ability to provide project planning with sound technical trade-off arguments.
- Good team player – works well in a multi-discipline, multi-cultural high-technology environment.
- Led team of 5-20 engineers.
- Microsoft Project.
- Microsoft Office.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.