8 days ago - req30411
Team Lead Physics (with Agile experience)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
IntroductionYou’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries.
Working location will be Veldhoven. Our Employees are our most important assets and therefore we invest in your career development. So when you apply you don’t just apply for a job but for a career within ASML.
In addition to our highly competitive compensation and benefits package, you’ll be able to work and lead multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment in a fast growing market; you’ll work with
specialists from all over the world, adapting the latest techniques and of course you will get the chance to work directly for our demanding customers to help make Moore’s law possible.
Job MissionThe main mission is to guide the scrum teams[CvT1] , ensure timely delivery, facilitate our Agile way of working, promote the Agile mindset and help the teams to improve themselves without losing the technical complex perspective from your view. As a Scrum Master, you are successful when your teams are the best performing teams in ASML.
You will be a leader for your teams. Although you have no authority over the team members, you do have authority over the process and play a crucial role in challenging the teams to become the best they can be.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To lead, build and facilitate the teams to become high performing.
- To help the people around the teams to understand which interaction with a team is helpful or not.
- To create focus in the teams on the teams iteration objectives.
- To create transparency and alignment on team speed, quality of deliverables and happiness.
- To signal and remove impediments in order to ensure timely delivery from the scrum teams.
- To challenge the teams to walk the extra mile and come with creative solutions for business problems.
- To ensure that the teams follow the technical way of working and ensure that quality is secured within the teams.
- To provide analyses of current team performance, evaluate bottlenecks, risks and dependencies whilst offering advice and direction with regards to improvements.
- To ensure that the dependencies and risks are managed by the teams.
- To ensure that the pre-conditions are in place in order to start a work item (Definition of Ready)
Master’s degree or PhD in physics / optics, electronics, or related.
- Over 8 years of work experience of which at least 3-5 years in a Scrum Master role in a high-tech, multidisciplinary Agile environment.
- Experience with managing multiple scrum teams.
- Plus: experience with working in a scaled agile environment (SAFe).
- Communicational skills (both technical and managerial) on different abstraction levels
- Ability to interact with intercultural teams
- Support inclusions within the team
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Able to create a balance outcome when in conflict of interests in project demands and people’s interest
- Take ownership – you are driven by your sense of responsibility, you are aware of the impact of your work and you take ownership for your tasks.
- Self-Aware – You are able to reflect on your own performance and the performance of your teams
- Coach and Mentor: coaching the teams with a focus on mindset and behavior, transfers Agile knowledge and experience to the teams.
- Support Scrum WoW within the group/team
Context of the position
This position is available in the Dose control group which is part of the Optical Column. The holder of this position is reporting to the Dose & System Control Group Leader. You will be working with multidisciplinary teams composed of different competencies all related to the Dose Control function of our EUV machines.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.