13 days ago - req30505
Co-op, Glass & Ceramic Prototype Chemical Engineer (Spring - Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Introduction to the job
ASML is seeking a Surface science Co-op with expertise in chemistry and process engineering for 6 months. This person will join the Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The main focus of this position will be:
- Understand the existing coating techniques, Laser machining techniques , etching and other process engineering.
- Investigate and develop materials and process solutions extend/improve thewear, roughness and friction performance for refurbishing the wafer clamping systems.
- Investigate, material and chemical issues in bonding, gluing , coating and etching process.
- Solve any engineering challenges that we encounter related to chemical and material aspects of design and manufacturing process of optical and ceramic substrates to achievethe precision and life time performanceat sub-nanometer scale.
- Investigate material issues/challenges using appropriate material diagnostic toolslike SEM , AFM , WLI etc.
- Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management.
- Support preparation of design reviews for the development team.
- Write contamination control procedure and train technicians to efficiently implement the procedure in manufacturing.
Education and experience
- Pursuing PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Surface Engineering
- 2-3 years of research experience.
- Strong background of course work, experimental and research background in chemistry, coating, etching & glass ceramic manufacturing and process engineering.
- Excellent Knowledge of electro-optical, mechanical properties of coatings and ceramic structure.
- Theoretical and experimentalworking understanding with various coating deposition equipment (e.g., Sputter, E-beam, ALD, PECVD etc.).
- Good understandingand experience in verification methods (white light interferometer, microscope, SEM, AFM , TOF-SIMS, XPS etc).
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions; Working knowledge of PID controllers.
- Ability to work in the clean room environment knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc); with deep understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials.
- Excellent experimental skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.