17 days ago - req30540
Mechanical Lead Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical design expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? If so, then the job of Design Engineer in EUV Source at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
Working on the design of one or more developments or issues, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
Is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions of the EUV Source, working together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (jr.) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems. On top of this you will be responsible for design in high vacuum environments.
- Is mainly concerned with the application of precision mechanical construction principles.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- ASML experience is a strong preference
- NX experience is preferred
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of precision engineering is a must
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his own development.
- Fluent in English
- Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities
- Individual performance & talent management.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Key words: Mechanical, mechanics, vacuum, design, precision engineering, NX
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.