26 days ago - req30588
Metrology Functional Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
We are looking for junior and medior Metrology Functional Design Engineers! Do you have excellent modelling and simulation skills? Do you know how to use your mathematical knowledge to help improve the performance of ASML systems? Do you like working together in multi-disciplinary teams to improve our products to enable our clients to create the world’s most advanced chips? Then the position of Metrology Design Engineer might be the perfect fit for you.
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy! As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Role and responsibilities
You will work on a range of physics-based challenges that our lithography machines face, collaborating with our software engineers. Functional metrology engineers create models of machine processes, which predict how our hardware should behave to ensure our machines run with speed and accuracy. Solutions of the metrology functional group are implemented in software by the metrology software department.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Participating in the definition of machine-level specification of different functions, such as functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability;
- Troubleshooting issues within our factory or at customer sites;
- Investigating the machines’ failure modes and figuring out how to contain the situation in order to ‘buy time’ to find the root cause of a problem;
- Performing feasibility studies for required improvements by conducting experiments, running simulations, and analyzing existing (customer) data;
- Interacting with specialist software designers in the project team to enable new functionalities;
- Integrating and testing functions against specifications.
Education and experience
A Master’s degree or PhD in:
- Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Between 0-5 years of working experience
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with Matlab or Python);
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models;
- Experience with functional specification and integration;
- Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.