30+ days ago - req30558
Physics Data Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have affinity with data-intensive and distributed software architectures to design metrology solutions for the semiconductor industry, with demanding time, accuracy, and memory requirements ? Do you like to use your creativity, your in-depth knowledge of complex Big Data applications, and your hands-on experience with practical problem solving, amidst a highly talented group of algorithm experts ?
Role and responsibilities
- Implement machine learning and deep learning metrology applications, with a mindset for scalable data-intensive and distributed software architectures, at the interface with colleague data science, functional and software groups at ASML.
- Develop scalable optical metrology solutions with statistically correct parameter inference, machine learning and optimization algorithms, to improve semiconductor metrology and enable high-volume fab control solutions.
- Drive for quality of data, a scalable data-flow and machine learning applications, and help direct colleagues implementing such applications with industry coding best practices.
- Work as a team with similar-minded people, benefitting from each other’s specific competences.
- Communicate crystal clearly on design decisions, physical principles and architecture solutions to stakeholders, without omitting the essentials.
- Design and implement fully functional proof-of-concept subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning, thereby contributing directly to products for B2B customers world-wide.
- Review technical analyses from the team, and structure team contributions keeping the overview.
- Consolidate technical-team identity in communication with other departments.
- Contribute to technical product roadmaps and generate intellectual property protecting ASML products, while developing the best metrology solutions and a well-founded vision on semiconductor metrology.
- Keywords: data-intensive and distributed software architecture, cloud computing, data processing, data governance, deep learning, parameter inference, optical metrology, physics, mathematics, optimization.
Education and experience
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
-Experience in implementing data-intensive and distributed software applications in the context of machine learning and deep learning, and affinity with data quality and governance
-Affinity with industry coding best practices, and be energized by helping colleagues in the cluster in this
-Fluency in the language and standards of modern software development
-Ability to explain design decisions based on sound (physical) principles in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials
-Affinity with group-specific fundamentals such as physics, linear algebra, optimization methods, and (deep) learning methods
-Drive creative solutions -within the bigger picture- with the product and customer in mind
-Initiating, self-propelling and decisive in an ambiguous environment
-Team worker, and ability to influence without power
-Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within D&E Applications, the Algorithms and Physical Modeling group covers the development of models and methods required to infer physical model parameters from optical scatterometry data obtained using the YieldStar. Relevant new metrics, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented. The group secures the ASML Competency of Applied Mathematics for Parameter Estimation.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.