21 days ago - req30512
Product Owner Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
You’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries.
You’ll be able to work and lead multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment in a fast growing market; you’ll work with specialists from all over the world, adapting the latest techniques and of course you will get the chance to work directly for our demanding customers to help make Moore’s law possible.
Role and responsibilities
The main mission is to deliver with scrum teams items that create the most value for ASML.
You gather customer/stakeholder insights and will be a leader for the team. Although you have no authority over Scrum team members, you do have authority in prioritizing work.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- End2end ownership of team deliverables; the team is responsible for the delivery
- Balances ASML priorities at team level: (system) function roadmap, program deliverables, architecture, factory and field feedback
- Creates long term plan incl. estimate to completion for his team and aligns it with Project Leads / Epic Owners
- Manages (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations
- Manages triple constraint
- Communicates and sets the priorities of the team backlog and ensure the scrum team understands why it is important for ASML
- Cooperates with the Scrum Master to drive the team towards results and identify team improvements
- Teams up with other (Chief) Product Owners to align on priorities of the Agile Release Train (ART) and team backlog
- Slices the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team
- Prepares the team backlog for the upcoming sprint and ensures its properly prioritized for the next iteration
- Quality product wise (acceptance as customer); facilitates the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables
- Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones
- Ensures that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the team understands them
- Reporting to Group Leader, operationally to Chief Product Owner and Project Leads / Epic Owners
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanics.
> 8 years of work experience of which preferable 2-3 years in a Product Owner role in an Agile a high-tech, multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent people and change leadership skills
- Able to translate customer needs into team delivery
- Take ownership – you are driven by your sense of responsibility, you are aware of the impact of your work and you take ownership for your tasks
- Coach and Mentor: coaching the team with a focus on mindset and behavior, transfers Agile knowledge and experience to the team
- Strong networker
- Decision maker
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics and Electronics specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.