30+ days ago - req30531
Service Business Operations Manager
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a key member of the Field Service Operations Administration team this individual will be responsible for driving service process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, analysis and methodology for determining best process alternatives. Will plan, lead and manage a team that provides process and project management support for service operations and field service, utilizing the Oracle’s Service Module.
Role and responsibilities
- Consult with business groups to capture strategic and operational requirements, prioritize oracle service module improvement objectives, plan and manage resource allocation to execute service program initiatives and manage department budget.
- Responsible for implementing service program updates and improvements to the Service module and ensuring users are trained as required
- Develops and creates business processes and procedures to ensure data integrity of field service applications
- Responsible for development and execution of change management strategies for service applications, procedures and business processes
- Responsible for reporting progress and presenting updates to executive management
- Ensures that business process and procedure changes are communicated to field personnel
- Identifies and incorporates best field practices into Cymer service process activities
- Develops and reports on key service process metrics, indicators and improvements to senior management
- Serves as a project manager for cross functional process improvement teams, maintains project plans; and reports results to senior management.
- Act as liaison between Service and Information Technology regarding Oracle Service Module
Education and experience
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, IMS, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 12 + years in a business process role within the semiconductor industry
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience in field or service operations preferred
- Expert proficiency with Oracle Field service module
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a high-performing team
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and to influence key internal constituents to meet critical enterprise-wide business objectives.
- Inquisitive, problem-solver with a focus on continuous business process improvement
- Strategic planning and management experience as it relates to the semiconductor capital equipment service industry
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills required
- Ability to clearly communicate at all levels within a global organization
- Ability to translate statistically analyzed data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Proficient ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail system
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.