24 days ago - req30530
Service Manager - Connectivity
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
As ASML continues its growth evolution in a rapidly evolving technology environment, IT Infrastructure Core Services team ensures that IT technical solutions are executed effectively and within scope to solve business challenges through transformation of processes and systems.The ASML Core Services team acts as a single point of contact between ASML and supplying parties (ISP/ESP) delivering IT Infrastructure services towards our internal ASML customers.Acts on both an operational level, ensuring operational stability, and on a tactical level improving the services within the IT infrastructure landscape.Works with staff to evaluate business requests and new system requirements to identify potential improvements. Develops work estimates and schedules for proposals. Prepares and presents project proposals tomanagement and business teams. Monitors ongoing operations and projects and reports status. Establishes documentation and process standards and assures compliance.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage the lifecycle and registration of connectivity landscape and underlying hardware assets.
- Advise projects during the project initiation phase on connectivity services and involvement as consultant throughout the Design and Transition phases. Activities will include the creation and ongoing ownership of the required Service Management deliverables.
- Advise internal and external partners and provide suggestions for service improvements in the connectivity portfolio.
- Ensure that connectivity services supported by underpinning contracts with external suppliers adhere to agreed SLA’s, are measurable, reported and regularly reviewed.
- Translates business requirements into new or updated connectivity services.
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external (business) partners.
- Manage and assists the operations teams to ensure systems are available and reliable with any interruptions of service addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency and root causes are identified documented and analyzed to minimize future interruptions.
- Ensuring business continuity and communication towards key stakeholders in case of incidents, problems or changes.
- Responsible for regional connectivity operations in collaboration with US regional data center support team.
- Works with the operations manager to stay current on the strategies and development of the customers business, and ensures the overall objectives are being met appropriately.
- Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence and coordinates complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and reinstallations in cooperation with the Global Service Desk and in accordance with established SLAs.
- Builds and maintains strong partnership with business and application owners and other IT managers and directors.
- Works with management to identify and prioritize support issues and infrastructure projects. Interfaces with business partners to ensure projects have proper impact.
- Works with other IT managers and directors to prioritize projects and schedules to coordinate resources across teams.
- Manages outside vendors to ensure that services meet business needs.
- Ensures team compliance with all corporate and department policies, processes, and controls.
- Ability to travel at times up to 25% in both U.S. and international locations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and/or minimum of 10 years experience in applicable field.
- Experience with IT lifecycle development methodology, project management, and software selection.
- Previous experience in technical leadership preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years in IT experience managing network infrastructure platforms, including SDWAN and ACI technology.
- At least seven (7) years experience managing medium to large projects with direct responsibility for managing project teams, budget and schedule.
- At least five (5) years working in a leadership role supporting technology/information systems across major enterprise business systems and customer support service centers on a regional basis.
- Demonstrated hands on experience managing Cisco networking environments including SDWAN, ACI and management solutions.
- Experience performing service management of external service providers executing projects, change management, support and KPI oversight.
- Experience managing external service providers and SLA/SLO metrics.
- Experience in technology and information systems design and implementation.
- Must be able to work with the business and provide technical direction and evaluate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Cognizant of business system software development practices and techniques. Sufficient familiarity with software development process to manage developer resources effectively.
- Experience with IT lifecycle development methodology, project management process frameworks, and software selection methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Data Center operations and Data Security.
- Strong understanding of IT services delivery processes grounded in standards such as ITIL.
- Strong understanding of best practice controls architectures such as COBIT and compliance with SOX provisions.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present highly complex ideas in a clear manner.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Strong time management and personal organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Understanding of the functional capabilities and system architecture in the technology and information systems required. Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development and implementation of technology solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require 25% travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- The employee will be expected to provide support outside of regular business hours
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.