16 days ago - req30539
Sr. IT Infra DevOps Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products. In our department of IT Product & Technology (P&T) SW Platform we are looking for an experienced IT infra specialist who likes working in a multidisciplinary team and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Role and responsibilities
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers.
The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer. This means you will be working on enabling the heartbeat of some the most advanced technologies on the planet.
We, Greenhouse Infra Team, develop and maintain infrastructure services, a set of ‘API's’ for Greenhouse demand that can be consumed by the Greenhouse functional teams.
In that sense we are a DevOps teams. We build it, we ship it, we run it. What is infrastructure in this context: Everything that provides the needed services for the Greenhouse functional teams and all the FC’s (Functional Clusters). To develop value, we consume upstream services, which are ‘out of scope’ for us.
We have the 'space' to develop and ideate our solutions from a 'greenfield' perspective.
Your mission as part of GHIT is to contribute towards innovative solutions by automating the repeating manual activities, and to help provide a stable and agile work environment for our (internal) customers. We deliver state-of-the-art automated infrastructure services used as main platform by the Software Development community for their applications and services according to the latest company standards. This offers DevOps teams autonomy in their development and running applications, enabling faster deliveries and increasing the innovation opportunities.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevSecOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with architects, IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles.
This team delivers the solution for a sustainable on-prem infrastructure in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
In this position your responsibilities and tasks will entail, but are not limited to:
- Work with the IT engineers supporting these components and the automation platform using your scripting knowledge;
- Interact with D&E Stakeholders to understand, develop and implement automation use cases;
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and other DevOps teams;
- Responsible for maintaining the team’s code- and script repositories;
- Work according to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in a sprint-based workflow, combining plannable and operational activities;
- Some of the use-cases you will be automating are user acceptance testing (UAT) and application deployment related;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
You will be part of a DevOps team, the GHIT team in IT Product & Technology (P&T) SW Platform, consisting of 7 people and growing, which is part of the Agile Release Train “Platform”.
We develop the new Greenhouse Infrastructure. We deploy GitHub Enterprise Services for software developers on-prem and set up the basics for GitHub Action Runners and Bazel Builds.
Education and experience
Minimum Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or IT (BSc, MSc or PhD).
- 8+ years of proven experience working in complex IT infrastructure environments;
- Proven competence in working with automation and CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Puppet, GitHub/Lab, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Proven knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell;
- General knowledge of Engineering IT components as for instance Linux (RedHat), NetApp storage, security and others;
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake, Gradle)
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL, Agile, SAFe);
- Team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people;
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, fluent in English spoken and written language;
- Independent, accurate, analytical mindset, systematic approach;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high-tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. As part of the product development of these complex machines, virtual physics simulation is used to validate the design against certain sets of requirements before moving into physical prototyping and production.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT P&T SW Platform; this department is responsible for the infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s Research and Development & Engineering (D&E) organizations. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services.
The IT Infra DevOps engineer we are looking for will be part of the GHIT team.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
An assessment will be part of the recruitment process. Applications without accompanying motivation letter will not be considered.
- On-prem infrastructure, CICD, ansible, GitHub automation, containers, Kubernetes, python, scripting