24 days ago - req30500
System Install Engineer - based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have multiple office locations around the world.
For our Customer Support (CS) operationswe are looking for a System Install Engineer, based in our Leixlip office in Ireland.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and continuous improvement of the ASML systems at customer sites. If you enjoy working closely with customers providing on-site technical expertise in the field then you’ll find a challenging opportunity at ASML Ireland
The department System Install Engineering is responsible for the installation of ASML systems on site in accordance with strict quality norms and a strict delivery schedule.
Your mission is to install cutting edge semiconductor lithographic systems at customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding customer expectations.
- Mechanical installation ,adjustment / setup of a complete machine;
- Install ASML equipment (NXE) at customer locations, including equipment with new features, pilot and proto systems;
- Perform complex adjustments , perform upgrades, diagnose and solve problems with limited support;
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner;
- Transfer knowledge to local install teams;
- Perform administrative duties including updating service orders, issue resolution tools, handovers, progress reporting etc;
- Prepare written technical reports (if required);
- Contribute in structural improvements for the system install engineering (SIE) department.
Education and experience
- BENG (Level 7 or greater) in Mechanical , electronic , Aviation , Mechatronic etc or Equivelent relevant experience;
- Hands-on experience in a high tech production or customer service environment (an advantage but not essential).
- Excellent communication skills with a focus in understanding, supporting and influencing others;
- Safety first mentality;
- Quality "first time right" philosophy;
- Passion for hands on engineering challenges;
- Detail orientationwithout losing track of the bigger picture;
- Sustain a structured way of working in a dynamic environment;
- Self steering;
- Good Team Player.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Initially > 80% international travel (Required for training).