30+ days ago - req30638
Competence Engineer (EUV – Optics) - Customer Support
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you a team player that likes to take a leading role in solving challenging, technical issues, to enhance customer satisfaction and help improving new product development? This job enables you to use your social skills, technical qualities and enhance your career within ASML.
We as Customer Support (CS) are responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. The goal of Competence Engineering (CE) is to ensure that our Field Service Engineers in the customer fab can do their work well prepared with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
As Competence Engineer – Optics you are the technical interface for the competences Illumination, Projection, Dose Control, Reticle Masking and Unicom between the Field Service organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven like Development & Engineering (D&E), GSC and Manufacturing. You use your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues and new upcoming products. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions for service actions, service parts and tools) and sharing knowledge. Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution, provide solutions as a competence engineer and steer technical discussions with other solution providers like D&E. If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
You are one of the key interfaces between our Field Service Engineers and ASML Headquarters. You use your communication skills to help our Field Service Engineers providing ongoing customer support. You support new product introductions, create solutions, roll-out of improvement ideas and solutions, including educating our Field Service Engineers.
The CS EUV Competence Engineer is responsible for:
• Identify structural issues/improvements to the design and their impact on CS and our customers.
• Create and drive for solutions of structural issues.
• Create, improve and maintain our service mix for diagnosing and solving machine issues.
• Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization.
• Train our Field Engineers with knowledge for introductions of new products.
• Maintain, train and involve our Field Engineers with all relevant knowledge in the form of diagnostics, documentation, Knowledge Transfer, ongoing issues and new lessons learned across different customers.
Bachelor or Master degree in a technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Electronics, Optics, Chemistry, Process technology, etc).
• Broad knowledge of optics, metrology, mechanics or mechatronics.
• Experience in a production or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes is a pre.
• Having a total customer focus mindset.
• Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
• Strong technical background, interested in high tech products and processes.
• Focused on quality and drive for continuous improvement.
• Pro-active attitude and taking initiative.
• Ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and service processes to a higher level.
• Analytical skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Helicopter view.
• Stress resistant.
• Flexible and result driven.
• Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS EUV Service Engineering department.
Travel: Travel internationally (up to 20%) to provide support to our (internal) customers.
Compensation & Benefits: https://www.asml.com/en/careers/working-at-asml/netherlands
Keywords: Customer Service, Customer Support, Analytical, Technical specialist, Networker, Communication, Result driven, International.