30+ days ago - req3061
Mechanical Lead Engineer (Optics)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Mechanical engineering
ASML is hiring!
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in being part of a high-qualified international oriented team?
Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and curious? If so, then the job of Mechanical Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take the lead in the mechanical development, qualification and integration of a sub-module according to agreed requirements.
- Working on the design of one or more sub-modules, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting.
- Continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
- Is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, working together with the architect, team lead and (junior) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- Specifies and designs (sub)modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is concerned with the application of mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience with mechanical design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering is a must.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
- Show ownership to deliver a functioning module.
- Fluent in English.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Context of the position
The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader Mechanical Development and Functional Architect. The Lead Engineer is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.