30+ days ago - req3061
Mechanical Lead Engineer (Optics)
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Optics, Mechanical engineering
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family?
Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take the lead in the mechanical development, qualification and integration of a sub module according to agreed requirements.
- Working on the design of one or more sub modules, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting.
- Continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
- Is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, working together with the architect, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- Specifies and designs (sub)modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is concerned with the application mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering is a must.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his own development.
- Fluent in English.
- Show ownership to deliver a functioning module.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Context of the position
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 17.500 people. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a Lead Engineer for the departments Machine Architecture & Industrialization, Mechanical Development and Optical Mechanics
The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader Mechanical Development and Functional Architect. The Lead Engineer is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
Working at ASML : https://www.workingatasml.com/
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.