You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req30698
Senior C++ Software Design Engineer - Machine Control
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Would you like to be involved at all stages of the software development process - specifying, designing, testing and integrating the advanced software for use in our world-leading products?
Do you enjoy software development and would you like to expand your skill set and see your programming efforts through to commercial, external customer driven, deliverables?
Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to apply.
Role and responsibilities
As part of ASML’s data driven development groups in the Machine Control department, you will develop and build software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating at high productivity while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industry high standards.
Since software is an integrating competency, it is an essential added value for ASML. You will be involved at all stages of the software development process; specification, design, qualification and integration of the advanced software for use in our world-leading products.
As a senior software design engineer you will be responsible for creating clear specifications on requirements, making efficient design choices and to 'make it happen' by also implementing the design and verifying the implementation.
Next to this, you will be responsible for providing effort estimates for the work at hand and identify
dependencies on others. Together with your SAFe / Agile team you will schedule your activities and agree upon when to deliver the required specifications. The software delivered is documented and qualified by means of automated test cases.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master level with an education in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Demonstrable expertise in C, C++, object oriented programming, Unix/Linux, Solaris, Python, and software configuration management (e.g. ClearCase, GIT).
- Experienced in working in a SAFe or Agile team environment and applying lean practices.
- Experience with QT, code generation, factory automation related data and control protocols (SECS, EDA, etc), data management and security is a pré.
- 8+ years of experience in a high-tech environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have a passion for technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- We are looking for someone who has a deep technical experience but at the same time likes to
communicate with other departments and wants to understand how complex systems work.
You are analytical, product and quality-oriented. You have a keen eye for detail.
- You are used to work in a highly complex and procedural environment. To you, proper code
documentation is mandatory and you like to keep your work with a high level of structure and clarity.
You like to work in a team with other design engineers with whom you can exchange technical
ideas and debate upon the best solution for each project.
- You are able to guide and coach junior design engineers as well as communicate effectively with senior engineers and architects.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control (MC) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the high level control and data access software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MC are facing several aspects of production control, data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
Ensuring that the existing behavior of the system remains as is, while introducing new functionality is a key competence in this position. The software engineer works closely together with other software engineers to define the optimal solution for ASML
* This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.