27 days ago - req30764
Chief Product Owner (CPO) DevOps CI/CD
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
The products of ASML’s Applications Business Line are critical elements in high end semiconductor manufacturing processes. They build on the capabilities of our world renowned scanners, using them as an actuator to correct distortions caused by other process steps.
Within Applications, the Process Window Control (PWC) and Process Window Detection (PWD) departments deliver software and hardware products that provide our customers with the means to optimize and control their manufacturing processes. Our software brings huge benefits to our customers and the use of our products is increasing fast. A team of over 800 software developers works together with application engineers, process experts and support specialists to develop our unique market leading applications. Development is largely done in Java and C# and our applications run in both Linux and Windows environments.
Can you be the linking pin between our ASML BL-Apps software developer community and the roadmap that is executed in our DevOps teams?
If “yes” then we want to talk to you!
Role and responsibilities
The Chief Product Owner (CPO) DevOps | CI/CD is responsible for the overall vision, roadmap and program backlog of the ASML BL-Apps software development environment.
Within software development, the DevOps teams are responsible for providing a state-of-the-art development environment.
With 10 teams we are responsible to deliver among others CI/CD, Build, Test and Cloud solutions to ASML product developers.
Responsibilities of the CPO
- Defines the vision of the DevOps teams and ensures the Product Owners understand the higher level vision to make sure that individual Product/Team Backlogs contribute to overall objectives.
- Works as part of the leading coalition with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) and System Architect (SA) to execute the roadmap and steer the ART.
- Ensures the Program Backlog is visible, maintained, prepared, documented and prioritized.
- Together with the Product Owners (PO), details out the Roadmap with detailed focus on the next 2 quarters and an overall planning horizon of 6 to 10 quarters (planning and forecasting).
- Aligns with Chief Product Owners of other trains to contribute to the overall ASML product delivery and road map.
- Manages stakeholders within both IT and software development, Business Owners and Epic Owners.
- Determines whether the delivery of backlog items is done and accepted. Participates in System Demos and Inspect & Adapt sessions.
- Acts as an escalation level for the Product Owners
- High-level prioritized Program Backlog
- Aligned Objectives for Program Increment (PI)
- Vision and Roadmap (Multi Year Plan)
- Budget & Portfolio Management input
- Definition of Done for Features
- Communication to all stakeholders of items that are ready to be planned
Education and experience
HBO+ level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps and or CI/CD development
- Experience with agile way of working (e.g. SAFe), preferably acting as a CPO or PO
- Agile Leadership
- Strategic Mindset and work independently
- Strong Decision Maker and Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Stakeholder Management; Good customer focus and customer facing skills
- Motivated by technical challenges and taking and driving ownership
- Pre: experience in a relevant industry (high-tech, manufacturing) or industry domain (e.g. engineering, customer support, supply chain, etc).
- Pre: knowledge or background of relevant IT solutions and technologies (like cloud and infrastructure) and / or relevant Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Consisting of both IT engineers and development engineers, the team combines the knowledge of our internal IT infrastructure, development tools and modern development practices. Together, OASIS consists of over > 40 DevOps engineers. The OASIS team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 400+ developers. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing CI/CD pipelines, maintenance, support and application life cycle management.