12 days ago - req30758
System Test Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The System Test Engineer (STE) implements the integration and verification strategy that has been defined by the Ket Technologist. These roles are critical to support the release of a well defined and valid system configuration. The test implementation is based on risk assessments, product requirements and design details. The primary system integration test definition will be in the form of PERT diagrams created and maintained by the STE. In addition, the STE stays aligned with technical delivery projects and the Machine Integration Teams (MIT). This “alignment” is in the form of active participation and communications with all stakeholders. The STE role is a critical agent for over-all product quality and accurate reporting.When system issues arise, the STE will help to analyze these issues and provide support in the definition, prioritization and specific testing for proposed solutions.
- Defines and owns the integration and verification Sub-PERTs
- Key Contributer on Alpha test definition Test Performance Specification (TPS) and completion Test Analysis Report (TAR) at system level
- Contributes to the integration planning and Prototype Machine Time test executions
- Keep SI testing process moving forward and resolves conflicts in real time.
- Maintains alignemt with all stakeholders (including D&E PL, SI PL/MDO PI, PE, and STA)
- Key Contributor to risk assessments and IRR
- Agent for quality within FMEA, CDR, TPS, EPs, TARs,document and specification flows.
- Drives projects to secure early risk reduction through pre-integration testing
- Business Driver (BD) for SI Issues.
- Owner of Issues Resolution Management process (IRM) to assure issues are recognized and resolved
- Contributes to technical roadmap planning
Education and experience
BS in an Engineering discipline, or Physics
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Experience in engineering, integration, test, or technical support of large complex systems
Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability to align communication with various teams
Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
Demonstrated Ability to interface and cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
Demonstrated Ability and willingness to travel for work visiting local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data, information, and documents
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads
- Result driven, demonstrated ownership and accountability
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.