Technical Instructor / Developer
Training & Publications
In a nutshell
Customer Support, Training & Publications
Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical engineering
Do you have apassion for training, teaching and learning? Do you have a high affinity withtechnology? Are you able to translate knowledge, skills and attitude intovariation of learning solutions? Are you a multi team player who is driven andcommitted to find the best learning solution? Then this could be the positionfor you within ASML Customer Support Global Training Center.
Your mission will be to work as part of team providing learningsolutions (learning processes, deliveringand developing training) in a challenging and dynamic internationaltechnical environment. Flexibility and innovation are required to match theexpectations of our internal and external customers
The ASML Customer Support (CS) department is the cruciallink between Development & Engineering (D&E) and customer needs. Withinthe CS department we focus on the installation, qualification, repair andmaintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites. Furthermore, they areresponsible for the know-how transfer to the customers. To provide thisexcellent support to the customers, all CS engineers need to be trained on thelatest technologies.
The CS Global Training Center (GTC) develops and deliverstechnical learning solutions through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwidefor the CS engineers. As a Technical Instructor/Developer you will beresponsible for developing and delivering blended high qualitytechnical training (Instructor Led Training (ILT), Web Based Training(WBT), Case Based Learning (CBL), Virtual Classroom (VR), animations, trainingreference material, etc.) to engineers (mainly) from the CS Sector of ASML.
Developing anddelivering training is based on an Instructional Model called Analyze DesignDevelop Implement Evaluate (ADDIE). You will be part of a Project Team workingon all phases of ADDIE. You will also be responsible for creating trainingsolutions to issues reported from Customer Support (CS) engineers in theField.Additionally as a Developer you will work with employees, from theCS Field Factory organization and Development & Engineering (D&E), todevelop the training content for new products being released to the CS FieldFactory Organization.
You will be a member of the CS Global Training Center situated inVeldhoven, The Netherlands (CS GTC, ~100 employees worldwide).
- Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- Didactical certificate is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in training development and delivery, preferably in blended learning packages, or experience in teaching a technical subject.
- A background in field service, system maintenance and / or process engineering in the semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Proven affinity with or expertise in education and/or didactics, new online didactical or training techniques or training tool are a plus
- Experience in the operation and/or field of a multinational and understanding of the Way of Working (WoW).
- Experienceor knowledge of ASML systems is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Critical interviewing, coaching and communicative skills and a passion for training, teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Consultancy skills with strong analytical skills, ability for analytical and abstract thinking.
- Teamwork, planning and organization skills.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Business sense for possible new opportunities which add RequisitionLocal to our core business.
Context of the position
Within our department you work inone or more projects supporting the learning needs of our (internal) customers.Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global SupportCentre and D&E) you translate (internal) customer requirements intotraining packages.
You willfacilitate the growth to maturity of our field engineers by facilitating theacquisition of critical skills at several levels (basic machine operation,major maintenance and adjustments, troubleshooting and diagnosing).
Also, within our department you work in one or more projectssupporting the learning needs of our customers. Being in touch with severaldepartments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, D and E and CS-FSE) youtranslate customer requirements into blended learning training packages as partof training material updates and maintenance.
This position is within the CSsector, home based location; Veldhoven in The Netherlands. The CS Organizationis responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrades, repair andmaintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites and is responsible forthe necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Supportfield engineers perform these tasks at the customers within their specificregion.
The CS GTC department is the cruciallink between the development department and the thousands of engineers workingat customer sites worldwide and engineers in Veldhoven, all performingexcellent support. The CS GTC department develops and delivers technicaltraining through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide. Most trainees arefrom the CS sector. About 15% of the trainees are customer engineers. The CSGTC has training facilities in The Netherlands (Veldhoven), Taiwan (Linkou),USA (San Diego), Korea (Hwasung-Si) and China (Shanghai)
Travel: Flexibility to travel to other countries (up to 30%) if needed.