30+ days ago - req3076
Technical Instructor / Developer
Training & Publications
In a nutshell
Customer support, Training & Publications
Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical engineering
Do you have a passion for training, teaching and learning? Do you have a high affinity with technology? Are you able to translate knowledge, skills and attitude into variation of learning solutions? Are you a multi team player who is driven and committed to find the best learning solution? Then this could be the position for you within ASML Customer Support Global Training Center.
Your mission will be to work as part of team providing learning solutions (learning processes, delivering and developing training) in a challenging and dynamic international technical environment. Flexibility and innovation are required to match the expectations of our internal and external customers
The ASML Customer Support (CS) department is the crucial link between Development & Engineering (D&E) and customer needs. Within the CS department we focus on the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites. Furthermore, they are responsible for the know-how transfer to the customers. To provide this excellent support to the customers, all CS engineers need to be trained on the latest technologies.
The CS Global Training Center (GTC) develops and delivers technical learning solutions through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide for the CS engineers. As a Technical Instructor/Developer you will be responsible for developing and delivering blended high quality technical training (Instructor Led Training (ILT), Web Based Training (WBT), Case Based Learning (CBL), Virtual Classroom (VR), animations, training reference material, etc.) to engineers (mainly) from the CS Sector of ASML.
Developing and delivering training is based on an Instructional Model called Analyze Design Develop Implement Evaluate (ADDIE). You will be part of a Project Team working on all phases of ADDIE. You will also be responsible for creating training solutions to issues reported from Customer Support (CS) engineers in the Field.Additionally as a Developer you will work with employees, from the CS Field Factory organization and Development & Engineering (D&E), to develop the training content for new products being released to the CS Field Factory Organization.
You will be a member of the CS Global Training Center situated in Veldhoven, The Netherlands (CS GTC, ~100 employees worldwide).
- Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- Didactical certificate is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in training development and delivery, preferably in blended learning packages, or experience in teaching a technical subject.
- A background in field service, system maintenance and / or process engineering in the semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Proven affinity with or expertise in education and/or didactics, new online didactical or training techniques or training tool are a plus
- Experience in the operation and/or field of a multinational and understanding of the Way of Working (WoW).
- Experience or knowledge of ASML systems is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Critical interviewing, coaching and communicative skills and a passion for training, teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Consultancy skills with strong analytical skills, ability for analytical and abstract thinking.
- Teamwork, planning and organization skills.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Business sense for possible new opportunities which add value to our core business.
Context of the position
Within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our (internal) customers. Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre and D&E) you translate (internal) customer requirements into training packages.
You will facilitate the growth to maturity of our field engineers by facilitating the acquisition of critical skills at several levels (basic machine operation, major maintenance and adjustments, troubleshooting and diagnosing).
Also, within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our customers. Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, D and E and CS-FSE) you translate customer requirements into blended learning training packages as part of training material updates and maintenance.
This position is within the CS sector, home based location; Veldhoven in The Netherlands. The CS Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrades, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support field engineers perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region.
The CS GTC department is the crucial link between the development department and the thousands of engineers working at customer sites worldwide and engineers in Veldhoven, all performing excellent support. The CS GTC department develops and delivers technical training through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide. Most trainees are from the CS sector. About 15% of the trainees are customer engineers. The CS GTC has training facilities in The Netherlands (Veldhoven), Taiwan (Linkou), USA (San Diego), Korea (Hwasung-Si) and China (Shanghai)
Travel: Flexibility to travel to other countries (up to 30%) if needed.