24 days ago - req30801
Co-op, Analyst - Business Planning (Spring 2022)
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
This position reports to the Manager of the US Development & Engineering Business Planning team. This team provides the D&E organization with timely and accurate planning, strategy, reporting, analyses, tools, and methods to manage staffing and program operations. We are currently searching for a highly motivated, self-starter who can help our team provide effective analysis, reporting, and process management.
- Analyze problems and set priorities between different alternatives or deliverables.
- Identify and report on key performance metrics, drawing insights and leveraging them to help set the agenda for the team.
- Support strategic planning activities and discussions by providing analysis and recommendations for process improvements and implementation.
- Specify and maintain business planning data sources, procedures and guidelines, to be used by ASML employees.
- Ensure data integrity and effective data management practices.
- Model the impacts of a variety of business decisions, obtain stakeholder buy-in, and develop reporting to communicate results.
- Serve as an analytical and process “hub;” provide guidance and training to D&E staff regarding planning processes and tools.
- Define, plan, manage and coordinate assigned projects to ensure execution and delivery.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Management, Computer Science, Business Analytics), or equivalent experience.
- Proactive attitude, self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access.
- Adaptive personality capable of interacting with all levels of organization.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Attention to detail and continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills–written and verbal.
- Ability to achieve short/mid-term results while maintaining focus on long-term strategy.
- Admirable work ethic and respect for fellow team members (regular attendance, mindful planning and execution, agendas, action driven minute taking, with regular follow-ups).
- Willingness to provide/receive/act upon feedback.
Great to have:
- Familiarity with tools used to build interactive dashboards, esp. Spotfire and Excel.
- Familiarity with advanced Excel tools including but not limited to Excel BI tools (Power Query, Data Modeling, Power Pivot), Solver, Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts.
- Ability to develop sustainable scripts to manipulate data and automate reporting. Potential languages: Excel VBA, R programming, etc.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.