21 days ago - req30817
Community Engagement & Events Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
We want to be regarded as a valued member of the communities where we operate because when the community thrives, we thrive. As the Community Engagement & Events Specialist in Wilton, CT, you will help build a culture of volunteerism amongst ASML employees and strengthen the Wilton community in our key focus areas of STEM education, arts and culture, health, local outreach / supporting the underserved.
You will report to the Head of US Communications.
Role and responsibilities
You will be responsible for community engagement and related events at ASML’s largest site in the US, in Wilton (CT). It’s a fast-paced and rapidly growing location that is steeped in semiconductor equipment history and one of ASML’s three major R&D and manufacturing hubs. Wilton’s more than 2,000 employees design and manufacture sophisticated modules for ASML’s lithography systems – high-tech equipment the size of a city bus that operates with nanometer accuracy and is used by all of the world’s top chip makers to make the chips in smartphones, laptops and data centers as well as cars and airplanes.
In close cooperation with the US Communications team and the community engagement team at the global headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, you will lead community partnerships and programs, employee volunteerism and corporate giving in Wilton. You will also help organize and execute employee events that tie to our community engagement focus areas, with the goal of engaging employees, fostering employee pride and promoting the Wilton site as a great place to work. You should possess the skills to be mostly self-sufficient in developing and delivering the program, while being able to draw on the knowledge and experience of the US and global Communications teams.
- Manage ASML Wilton’s community engagement and events program and ensure alignment with corporate goals and policy
- Collaborate with US and global Communications colleagues, ASML Foundation,business and site communications leaders to promote local philanthropic activities, employee volunteer events and initiatives
- Build relationships and partnerships with local community organizations aligned with the ASML focus areas of STEM education, health and underserved communities
- Help build awareness of and support for ASML’s community engagement/philanthropy programs internally and externally
- Plan and execute employee events that tie to our community engagement focus areas
- Contribute to the development/execution of multichannel communications plans that include Wilton community engagement initiatives
- Manage the Wilton community engagement and events annual budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- You may occasionally be required to travel to other ASML locations, including the headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands – less than 10%
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Science/technology background a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant, work related experience in community relations / philanthropy / event planning in a corporate or nonprofit setting
- Experience collaborating cross functionally and with external partners, building relationships with local organizations
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working in integrated communications teams a plus
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills; clear, concise and professional
- Ability to drive action in uncertain or evolving situations; processes new information quickly and adjust strategies accordingly; displays situational adaptability
- Hands-on multi-channel experience
- Experience working with colleagues across multiple regions/locations
- Creative problem solver; able to build strong relationships and networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders including the ability to drive, convince and influence others
- Ability to perform under time pressure and stress
- An individual who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Results driven - demonstrates ownership and accountability and delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Resilient, proactive
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal influence: builds trust and rapport with communications colleagues, senior business leaders and other partners; pursues goals in constructive and assertive way; explores potential solutions during disagreements and searches for the win-win
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.