28 days ago - req30815
Computer | Data Science Internship: Build an Excel based LEAN whiteboard
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Data science
IntroductionAre you a bachelor or master student with a background in Computer or Data Science? Are you familiar with coding in Excel? Do you enjoy providing advice to business owners with your strong data analytical competence? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
EF Engineering supports the technical aspects of the EUV factory in 3 pillars:
1) Prepare work prep (sequence and instructions);
2) Deliver ad-hoc support for factory disturbances (hard down);
3) Validate design and manufacturability of new products.
Covid has been a game changer in how we interact regarding the deployment of LEAN daily kaizen. We used to visualize our performance on a physical board in face to face meetings. However, for more than 1.5 years we are in a virtual world, where we still need to collaborate with an electronical visualization.
Building an Excel based LEAN Whiteboard is one of your core tasks for this internship assignment. We are exploring how we visualize and steer on daily performance. As we have been using MS Whiteboard, we concluded that it is not efficient anymore, since many screens capture from other tools (Excel, foremost). You are required to join meetings and observe how information is used, so that you can build a single tool which allows us to create the content and visualize a dashboard from a single source. This dashboard preferably can be updated directly during the meetings.
- You are a bachelor or master student with a background in Data or Computer Science;
- You are a bachelor student looking to do your graduation project or a master/3rd year bachelor student interested in gaining work experience;
- You have advanced Excel skills, including coding in Excel, data formatting and presentation (pulling multiple data sources in a file to create a visually appealing and functional dashboard);
- You have interest in manufacturing and knowledge in LEAN is preferred;
- You have strong data analytics skills and you are enthusiastic to fill a role of advising the business owners;
- You are eager to interview various data owners and gather information to determine how you can help them achieve their business goals through data visualization;
- You are available to do an internship for 3 months for minimum 3 days/week.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €500 (plus a possible housing or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?