21 days ago - req30845
Global Communications Transformation Lead
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
In a fast-growing, increasingly visible global company like ASML, the Communications function provides strategic value to the organization. It leads the attraction of top talent from around the world. It ensures that employees are informed about a complex organization, its environment and their role in it. It enables effective change communications. It explains to the world our pivotal role as a European high-tech supplier and our global relevance, while at the same time at a local level it ensures ASML is appreciated as a valued and supporting member of our communities. All of these activities are executed by highly motivated teams of professionals and specialists who are supported by experts in brand management, digital channels and content creation. Will you join us?
Role and responsibilities
Your mission will be to ensure that all teams in the Communications function work together to further shape our integrated strategy and help transform us from a classic support function into an enabling high-performing function. This is supported by consistent use of leadership tools, systems and processes. You bring to life the opportunities of increasing collaboration by aggregating business needs and requests into effective broad communications programs and initiatives. Across the boundaries of departments and business units you show how an integrated Communications function helps drive strategic business objectives.
- You are a member of the Communications Management Team (MT) and drive and support transparency in reporting and other managerial responsibilities
- In a complex environment, you can connect the dots on the content and also be an integrator and facilitator who brings projects and people together
- You ensure all teams within Communications have consistent and transparent reporting tools and management instruments, and that they are trained and able to usethem effectively
- You ensure job roles & responsibilities are clear and up to date, as well as relevant and aligned with agreed responsibilities of teams and individuals; you can show the benefits and support teams where needed
- You will be part of the candidate selection process of a growing communications function
- You plan and lead regular reviews on strategy and execution with the different teams, including:
a. You ensure (only) relevant data is tracked and used by teams and their leaders
b. You review goals and objectives of the different teams, ensure objectives are measurable and evaluated against objective and
ambitious criteria (“Did we make a difference?”) and you recommend improvements and track implementation
c. You ensure data and intelligence is consistently used by the teams and their leaders to set priorities and take decisions
d. You encourage teams and their leaders to improve effectiveness and collaboration by helping to identify barriers and providing
suggestions for solutions
e. You ensure reviews/meetings have clear action items and follow-up
g. For deep dives, you plan management team events such as off-sites.
- You coordinate quarterly planning process (OKRs - Objectives and Key Results) across the management team
- You initiate and prepare proposals to the MT for organizational issues and challenges
- You lead the preparations that will take the teams within Communications to transition to a new organizational model where business partners together with a pool of professionals and experts work in an integrated way
- As one of the key leaders in the Communications function with a helicopter view, you attend various team meetings to keep a pulse and help connect dots with others across the company; you will identify opportunities and leverage available expertise to drive more effective and efficient collaboration across the different teams within Communications and ensure implementation
- Foster a collaborative, transparent culture, and promote that success is celebrated.
Education and experience
- Master-level education in a relevant field
- Advanced English skills (C1 or higher)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in organizational transformation.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Business acumen and outcome focused
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Open minded
- Hands-on approach to getting things done
- Persuasive influencer and experienced stakeholder manager
- Proven project management experience
- Communications measurement
- Audience centricity
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This is a newly created position. You will join the management team of Communications, reporting to the VP Communications.
You will be part of a large communications team (growing to 100 colleagues globally) with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, offering inspiration and opportunities to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, employer branding and recruitment marketing as well as internal communications and community outreach and community investment.
This is a full-time position (40 hours).