18 days ago - req30884
Mechanical design engineer in flow and thermal domains
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level)
performance requirements into a robust design and do you take the lead in getting technical
issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details? Do you place
the team’s goals first? Then we want to get in touch with you.
Role and responsibilities
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a Flow and Thermal design that
meets the agreed requirements for NPI projects. Design qualification and proving that the
design is working as intended during the specification phase is another important responsibility.
Another part of the work consists of solving issues on the Installed Base Products, for example
End of Life of components, issues in the field, factory or supplier.
You are part of a team responsible for a sub-function. The team owns the building blocks
(hardware) that fulfil the requirements of the sub-function. A Lead engineer and Sub-function
architect are driving the building blocks roadmap.
The team size varies from 7 to 9 people, covering the various cross-sectors (supplier, field,
- 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering
Change(s) using Siemens Team Center.
- Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare
- Give input (design effort) for planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design.
- Solve issues: propose solution and implementation plan.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability (via Supply Quality
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
Education and experience
Technical University Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- More than 2 years of experience in designing sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design:
3D modelling and 2D drawings, Bill of Material.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts.
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with ASML design Way of Working and processes is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.