27 days ago - req30899
New Product Development Project Lead
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The primary role of New Product Development Project Lead (PL) is to manage specific cross-functional projects executed within a Development Program.This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for team deliverables.The PL is responsible for ensuring that the projects are managed using theProduct Generation Process (PGP) as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure good cross-program communication.
Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services.Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products.Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Manages specific projects and activities within a development program.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the PGP is communicated and followed by the project teams .Provides feedback on ways to improve the PGP.
- Guides design teams through effective usage of design processes.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Program Development Manager (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Ensures successful planning and cross-functional alignment on module and system-level testing, compliance/reliability testing, life testing,, and any activity required as part of the product’s release into manufacturing and the field.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for product manufacturing and customer service teams (test procedures, drawings, BOMs – Build of Material).
- Performs lessons learned reviews on key projects and drives necessary changes into the PGP or other applicable areas.
- May provide advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area.
- Provides input and plans for program related expense to the Program Manager for Program budget development and forecasting.Owns budget management as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Validates product design quality/reliability at system level with System Engineering and validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at module/sub-assy/component level with Responsible Engineers.
- Drives development team to meet cost and manufacturability goals.Supports new product introduction (NPI) to manufacturing by working with NPI team members to implement products into production.
- Manages program allocated product development laser resources.Schedules laser utilization across all laser use customers.Plans and drives laser maintenance and upgrades as required supporting the program plans and maximizing system uptime. Coordinates Test Engineers to prioritize program tasks and supports task execution as required.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering field (EE, ME preferred) or related technical degree.
- A minimum of six (6) years total development experience with three (3) years previous Engineering experience as individual contributor followed by a minimum of two (2) years project management experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Product development experience utilizing product development processes, especially PGP.
- Experience using Configuration Control tools such as Agile.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Understanding of escalation utilization.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Ability to access and project design cost.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.