13 days ago - req30803
Product Owner Industrialization - Machine Control and Infrastructure
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you like to be the linking pin between high-tech product development and a global field organization supporting the major semiconductor manufacturers? Do you have what it takes to industrialize innovative complex software designs in a way that they can be used efficiently in a high volume manufacturing & service environment? You’d better contact us today!
Role and responsibilities
The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the business value of the product for ASML and the customer and the work of the Agile Team. Moreover, the Product Owner is responsible for managing expectations on tactical & operational level of stakeholders.
As Product Owner you lead an Agile team that works in SAFe with the support of the Scrum Master. The team consists of approximately 6 Industrialization Engineers who work together with 3 Agile Release Trains consisting of around 15 Agile Teams (~150 developers).
To be successful as Product Owner for the Industrialization Engineering (IE) team there are 3 main focus areas:
Your main stakeholders are the Scrum Master, the IE team, Project Leaders, Chief Product Owners, Product Owners, Architects, Function Owners, developers, Customer Support and Manufacturing representatives. Balancing stakeholders and being transparent towards them is key for a good cooperation between the IE team and the development teams.
2)Vision on Industrialization within ASML:
In order to fulfill the needs of our internal customers in factory and field the Product Owner needs to have a thorough understanding of the Industrialization deliverables, be able to explain them to the stakeholders, and be seen as the authority on Industrialization. Pro-actively come with scenarios based on your priority view.
3)Broad technical view:
Working together with 4 Functional Clusters within Machine Control and Infrastructure, the technical scope is large and your challenge is to sufficiently understand the functions to define the Definition of Done for Industrialization. In other words, you need to be able to quickly grasp the idea of a functionality and estimate the impact for the factory and field engineers.
The Machine Control and Infrastructure department develops and realizes software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating very productively while maintaining nanometer accuracy. Since software is an integrating competency, it is an essential added value for ASML.
The Product Owner is responsible for managing the Team backlog, which includes:
- Understanding the business drivers and explaining those to the Scrum Team;
- Eliciting requirements and defining the Team backlog;
- Clearly prioritizing and expressing Team backlog items to best achieve goals and missions;
- Balancing external business and internal ASML interests in this priority setting;
- Ensuring that the Team backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Agile Team will work on next;
- Ensuring the Scrum Team understands items in the Team backlog to the level needed to develop and deliver them;
- Ensuring and reviewing the quality and value of the work the Scrum Team performs;
- Securing relevant stakeholders are managed and expectations are aligned, and orchestrating contributing sectors beyond D&E surrounding the Development Team, including securing requirements & validating the use and business case in order to maximize business value.
Education and experience
Master degree in a technical area, like physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electronics (or other technical background) with 8+ years of relevant working experience.
- Experience as Team Lead or Project Lead
- Experience with the Agile Safe framework is preferred
- Experience in ASML is preferred
- Industrialization experience in ASML is a must, having broad knowledge of manufacturing and/or service processes
- Familiar with design processes
- Flexible and have a pragmatic attitude
- Strong analytical ability
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, need of the customer
- Pro-active mindset, can-do mentality, plenty of initiative
- Highly motivated team player with good social and communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and service processes to a higher level
- Leadership & personal authority; ability to give direction in a team, lead by example and with a clear vision
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the positionThe sector Development and Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. The position of Product Owner Industrialization is part of the Metrology & Machine Control cluster within the sector D&E.
The Product Owner Industrialization reports to the D&E Industrialization Group Leader.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.