5 days ago - req30870
Senior Optical Analyst
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have a creative analytical thinking and do you like to be challenged in the field of data analysis, diagnostics and system automation? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV System transmission Control team! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth. Especially when you are a true self-starter who likes to understand highly complex optical systems and work on improving their efficiency
Role and responsibilities
Job MissionAs a lead physics design engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary product development team (optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical, Fluid dynamics, software and industrialization) that designs and improves the transmission associated with EUV scanner. You achieve your goals with creative solutions addressing diagnostics and (system) automation problems to identify transmission losses in scanner and develop improvement strategies for power stability for our internal / external customers. Once the concept is understood, you detail and implement the design together with your multidisciplinary team and supplier(s). This will require that you actively participate in meetings to understand design aspects, analyze system problems and present your findings, your results and your plans to management. The last step is to verify the design and work side by side with the industrialization team to also enable the efficient production and service activities.
-You will be a member of the EUV Optical Column team and will play a key role to bring the EUV Optical Column system performance to the required specification. Your main responsibilities to drive the optical transmission diagnostic roadmap are:
-Data analyst of field and factory source system performance and related customer issues
-Troubleshooting and problem solving towards practical and automated solutions to improve source diagnostics/issues: calibration, performance or diagnostics tests.
-Specification, risks assessment and risks mitigation of possible solutions.
-Alignment with the software team on the implementation of the proposed functional solutions.
-Testing and qualification of implemented solutions.
-Support the field and factory teams during the introduction phase of the new diagnostics / automation solutions
-Identification of gaps in roadmaps, definition and drive (together with integrators) of the diagnostics and automation roadmap
-Documentation of all relevant information from specification to qualification of solutions, including lessons learned. Share the knowledge within your team.
-Drive respective optical modules to deliver diagnostics
Education and experience
Education Master Degree in Optics, Physicsor Mathematics
Experience Experience with reflective optical modules and data analysis is a pre. 0-5 years of experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, preferably within ASML. Knowledge of the EUV Scanner is preferred. Experience with python (or MATLAB) is a pre
- Ability to overview and understand system automation challenges of a complex system
- Be curious, self-propelling, show initiative and drive
- Be transparent such that stakeholders are informed and aligned about the status of the deliverables
- Team up with your fellow team members including the Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Aspire and consider alternative perspectives to create stronger solutions
- Listen to stakeholders and understand their needs and expectations prior to providing solutions
- Encourage open communication and invite people to contribute
- Connect with people internally and externally to share knowledge, and learn from each other’s mistakes and successes
- Align goals with those of others in order to find solutions that benefit the entire company
- Build on the feedback and able to speak up when there is a different view point
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.