9 days ago - req30871
US Tax Compliance Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Mission of the US Tax Specialist would be to support the US Tax Accounting & Tax Compliance team. Main responsibilities would be to assist in all areas of US taxation, including the ASC 740 income tax provision, US corporate income tax compliance and US indirect tax compliance. This position interfaces with the US Tax & Customs team, as well as with external third parties to assist in timely and accurate tax postings, positions and filings.
Using system data, prepare tax adjustment work papers to support federal and state positions taken on income tax returns. This will be a mix of domestic and international corporate taxation calculations, including FDII, IC-DISC, Subpart F, GILTI, R&D tax credit, Sec 174 R&D capitalization, among others
Role and responsibilities
- Inputsinto tax software to assist in preparing federal and state income taxreturns to be filed, and any electronic filing as needed.
- Inputsinto tax provision software for quarterly and annual ASC 740 calculationsfor current and deferred income taxes and uncertain tax positions.
- Analyzes state income tax filing requirements under individual state nexus requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of state apportionment.
- Reconciles tax accounts and make postings to ERP system.
- Assists with the preparation of sales and use tax returns in 20+ states.
- Assists with the preparation of personal property tax workpapers.
- Answers notices from federal and state tax authorities, and prepares support for various tax audits.
- May include ad hoc tax technical research on various tax projects.
- Utilizingexcel capabilities to automate existing tax calculations.
- Performs self-review of work.
- Commits to working together as one team, exceed service expectations by developingpositive relationships and treat others with value and exceed serviceexpectations by applying ASML’s core values: Challenge, Collaborate, and Care.
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional development.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of education and/or experience and a minimum of 3 year experience in public accounting (tax) or a corporate tax department.
- Master's in Taxation preferred.
- CPA required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong Organization and Communication skills.
- Knowledge of OneSource Income Tax and Tax Provision software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Proficient knowledge of ASC 740 under US GAAP.
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle software preferred, but not required.
- Must be familiar with regulations at the Federal, State and Local level.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in workload and ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Eager to take on new challenges.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Chandler, AZ .It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.