19 days ago - req30947
Human Factors Engineer (Ergonomics)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within the D&E sector, the Mechanical Development department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical modules and (sub)systems within these products.
What can you expect from ASML?
- An opportunity to work in a high tech company where you work on the edge of what is technological possible.
- An open work environment with young and talented people.
- A place with lots of career opportunities and international potential.
- A company where creativity and initiative is rewarded.
- Excellent working conditions.
Role and responsibilities
Define, develop, embed and deploy anthropometric and physical ergonomics, cognitive and organizational ergonomics ASML standards based on legislation and (inter)national standards, for ASML products.
- Scope: Ergonomic engineering (such as anthropometrics, manual handling, accessibility, human error, task allocation).
- Areas: Design rules for EUV, DUV, Yieldstar and HMI products
- Assisting architects and engineers with implementing rules and regulations.
- Giving awareness training to architects and engineers.
- Performing ergonomic reviews on 3D models and documents.
- Implementing lessons learned from the field.
- Performing ergonomic analysis such as task analysis, physical workload analysis, human reliability analysis.
- Add goal and prescriptive ergonomic design requirements in the product specifications.
- Compile and present information verbally and in writing (English).
- Keeping knowledge up to date.
Education and experience
- An ergonomics/human factors MSc degree gained via courses or accredited organization such as Human Movement Sciences.
- Industrial Design and Engineering, possible TU Delft or comparable bachelor degree.
- European registered or an equivalent registration will be of added value.
- 5 year experience in HFE engineering projects.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- interpersonal, communication, consultancy, negotiation and training skills;
- ability to grasp technical concepts;
- a systematic work approach;
- an interest in human behavior is required;
- affinities engineering;
- practical and analytical problem-solving.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.