24 days ago - req30955
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
In the position of plasma engineer at ASML, you are responsible for solution of the particle and molecular contamination challenges in Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanner by application of plasma related knowledge. You will also further develop and sustain this knowledge. Furthermore, you are responsible for formulation and experimental/ modeling verification of hypothesis of production release transport and deposition of particles assisted by plasma, electrostatics, chemical etching as well as other related processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Thorough analyses of the existing data of EUV scanner both internal and at customer
- Use of this analysis as an input for a new tool design or problem solution
- Work in the team to suggest containing of the existing problems and propose long term solutions
- Design and development of experiments and supporting modeling
- Depending on the required performance specification of the experiment, work out the installation design
- Come up with means and methods to realize your task
- Share your knowledge effectively with the members of the program and department
- Focus area will be plasma investigation in the presence of EUV in low pressure environment in combination with material interfaces, low level contaminants and small particles.
Education and experience
Academic background, Master or PhD in physics, electrical engineering or chemistry.
Knowledge of electrostatics, plasma technology and/or surface chemistry is preferred, as well as hands-on experience with high vacuum systems.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Scanner Plasma Technology in the Scanner Optical Column Conditioning Department and is operational within multidisciplinary research projects.
Thegroup of Scanner Plasma Technology provides solutions for defectivity and optics lifetime in the scanner related to plasma processes for the existing as well as new EUV lithography systems and fulfilling the long term roadmap of ASML with new breakthroughs and developments
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.