You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31088
DUV UIR Project Lead
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the segments within CS is DUV UIR which consists of theDUV/YS Upgrades, Installs & Relocations (UIR). The CS DUV UIR organization prepares and executes complex upgrades, relocations and installations on ASML systems. CS DUV UIR is a global organization with presence at different locations in the world.
The CS DUV UIR organization manages the relocations of ASML machines from one fab to another fab, works with the TWINSCAN and Linkou Factory (TF & LF) with the installation of new ASML machines at customer sites, and works with NPI to execute complex upgrades at our customer sites. These projects are executed in a customer production environment with a team and typically run around 3-8 weeks.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- During all phases of UIR projects, the PL acts as the overall Single Point of Contact for all other parties involved in the assigned projects (e.g. Local ASML sustaining teams, Logistics, 2nd/3rd line support, management, etc.).
- The PL will also ensure that UIR activities are executed with a high focus on: Safety, Quality, Predictability and Efficiency; the PL is also responsible for the Continuous Improvement of our products and operations and for following up on these actions for the assigned projects.
- Ensure that all necessary support is secured to meet cycle times with a strong focus on safety and quality.
- The PL directly reports to a Project Manager within the UIR organization. The PL will report operationally to a UIR Project Lead for the activity assigned. The PL will interface with UIR PMs, UIR PLs, JPLs assigned to the projects, JPLs in Veldhoven, and the project team. The PL will also have internal interface with Development & Engineering in Veldhoven and local CS field offices as well as external interfaces with customers while onsite.
The ASML CS DUV UIR Project Leader will be positioned in the field with the Local CS Organization to be located close to ASML’s customers. The ASML CS DUV UIR Project Leader is responsible for the operation–controlling budget, scope and time–of all assigned projects including:
Planning & Organizing:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendor for the flawless execution of an ASML lithography tool upgrade/install/relocation.
- Develop a detailed upgrade/install plan to monitor and track progress.
- Understand team skill level and help upskill team members by effective organization of resources.
- Regularly meet with customer to update on status of progress and potential delays.
- Report issues and escalate to necessary stakeholders.
- Be able to quickly and effectively resolve conflict among involved parties.
- Have a good technical understanding of ASML machines to help drive team and progress.
- Organize daily DK with team to align and discuss roadblocks, mood, and any other issues.
- Ensure that the ASML lithography tool is delivered on time, within budget and within scope.
- Provide feedback to support continuous improvement on the upgrade/install/relocation process.
- Work with logistics to order, return or defect parts and tools, update SO’s appropriately.
- Ensure project is completed following both ASML and customer safety protocol.
- Perform regular Gemba walks and ensure accurate reporting of Incident/Near Miss events.
- Deliver an installed machine to your stakeholders at a level they expected or better and make sure that they’re satisfied with the results.
Education and experience
- Master degree in technical/technical business area, Bachelor’s degree plus project management work experience, or equivalent experience.
- Work experience as project leader in large service delivery organization for at least 3 years.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of ASML products and semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Be able to influence without power with peers and higher management.
- Flexibility to travel in short notice and frequent domestic or international travel (up to 80%) if needed, with uninterrupted periods of 6 weeks in a row. You will be working in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Embraces cultural differences and able to adapt to different local site’s WoW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Good technical skills, analytical skills, and hands-on skills.
- Can clearly communicate on multiple levels about complex issues.
- Good coordination and communications skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Able to correctly set and adjust priorities in a dynamic and high pressure environment.
- Display an allergy to safety or quality issues that can impact the cycle time.
- Multi-task player and good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Good team player and committed to the success of ASML.
- Good customer skills.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.