You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Leader - Production Engineering EUV Factory
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
The EUV Factory produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Production Engineering continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes of production (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location). A very interesting position for a person who feels challenged in improving the production process to ensure product quality, short lead-times, high efficiency and ‘short time to market’ for Production. You will be leading a team of motivated Production Engineers in a dynamic and challenging ASML environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Group leader of approximately 15 Production Engineers working on the NXE and EXE.
- Manage a proper staffing and training of the group, according our Hire, Develop and Move-on strategy.
- Ensure a good work atmosphere and apply Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Guide the Production Engineering activities. Manage the workload, set priorities and assure timely and correct execution of all department tasks, solve bottle necks.
- Manage the claim / allocation process for the own group with Manufacturing Project leads.
- Drive assigned process improvement projects to in-time and successful delivery.
- You will have constant attention for safety.
The EUV Factory Production Engineers contribute to the 4 main PE drivers:
- Decrease cycle time
- Decrease cost
- Increase efficiency
- Increase quality
And they focus on the following tasks:
- Continuously adapt, optimize operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators
- Analyze the production process (Cycle time and Labor Hours), points out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Supply Chain and Customer Support.
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex faults and take the necessary initiatives and practical decisions. Ensure zero repeat.
- For regular support stand-by might be required
New Product Introduction:
- Uses his knowledge in product or process development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and improve the manufacturability of the product.
- Is actively involved in the release for volume takeover from D&E to Manufacturing.
- Keep owned work preparation up-to-date according standards.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master in a technical degree.
- You have broad technical and business knowledge.
- You have experience in people management.
- You have experience in project management and methods.
- You are experienced in problem analysis and production processes, assessing technical solutions on feasibility and impact on the total process.
- You have preferably 5~10 years Manufacturing experience, including people management experience.
- If you have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing this is an advantage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
-Managing and coaching of professionals
-Coordinate groups of employees from different levels of education.
-Effective interpersonal skills; able to convince others
-Flexible, can cope with stress
-Teamwork, good social skills, service attitude.
-Enterprising, goal-oriented and plenty of initiative (pro-active).
-Analytic, structuring persistence on available information.
-Focused on quality and continuous improvement
-Fluent in Dutch and English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.