17 days ago - req31091
Operational Lead Field Service Engineering - based in Dresden, Germany
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
You will be working at our Customer Support (CS) department, but at ASML it is not what the term typically brings to mind. At ASML thousands of our engineers are dedicated to the simple goal of making sure that our lithography systems at our customers’ sites are running smoothly, 24/7. The real ‘magic’ namely begins after a system is shipped to a customer.
Role and responsibilities
You want to build success … join us to support our Customer’s needs. Help our Customers to stay competitive in the market.
The Senior Field Service Engineer/Operational Lead provides onsite Support at our Customers Fabs through the performance of managing repairs and maintenance of complex Lithography Equipment. The Senior Field Service Engineer/Operational Lead will coordinate the onsite Team either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support. The position as Senior Field Service Engineer/Operational Lead requires to work in a rolling shift schedule (frontend/backend of the week) direct at the Customer Premises.
The Operational Lead / Senior Field Service Engineer will support the local Management team to guide and lead the daily Fab operation to ensure flawless execution of all scheduled and unscheduled system activities according to ASML standards.
Elements of the role are:
- Drive safe daily operational excellence to achieve agreed service level agreements and beyond;
- Capture and manage the voice of the customer by building a strong relationship to your customer stakeholders;
- Prioritize and allocate engineers to activities;
- Coordinate among the customer(s), internal stakeholders and Supply Chain management to secure progress of fab activities;
- Drive continuous improvements in processes and way of working;
- Support Lean deployment and actively support quality initiatives;
- Ownership for machine status and daily Kaizen fab dashboard;
- Ability to back-up working Supervisor if needed.
Education and experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics) or a Certificate as a qualified Engineer (electrical and/or mechanical engineering).
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in Customer Support Department for High Tech Products;
- Experience in operational, supervisory and/or project coordination and as Field Service Engineer for DUV systems are preferred;
- Good communication skills and experience in professional customer interaction;
- Multitasking team player with ability to work under pressure;
- Understand semiconductor fab and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and German;
- Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding and challenging environment;
- Show ownership and responsibility, be able to adapt to customer circumstances, be proactive and drive for changes;
- Be a strong team player, act as one team, give feedback and be open for feedback, show flexibility;
- Show strong commitment and ease with internal stakeholders and external parties;
- Quality focus, enable quality mindset in daily operation, hold colleagues accountable to deliver quality on daily base;
- Provide clear and timely updates, communicate when deliverables cannot be met and proactively ask for support.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The position is based in Dresden, Germany.
Expect a quality focus and challenging environment where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. You will work with a highly motivated, international team. If not currently living in the region of Dresden, please clarify specifically in your motivation letter why you want to relocate to Dresden, Germany.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.