22 days ago - req31007
Researcher Resist and Process Modelling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you want to work at the forefront of technology and create innovative ideas? Are you eager to shape the future of ASML? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML has a strong position in the field of metrology and patterning for the semiconductor market. In ASML’s Research department, new concepts and applications are being invented and developed for future markets of metrology and patterning in semiconductor manufacturing.
Role and responsibilities
The goal of this position is to execute research with application to ASML computational metrology and patterning products, aimed at future metrology and patterning applications in the semiconductor industry. This includes resist and process modeling, design of wafer processing experiments and literature studies, with the goal to create novel concepts and solutions.
Responsibilities of a researcher in the “SEM and Process Modelling” group at ASML Research:
- Develop computational models forprocessing steps, such as resist exposure, etch and deposition
- Prepare test plan to generate experimental data for model calibration, and subsequent data analysis
- Collaborate with other modelling specialists in the project team and in other departments of ASML, and with process engineers at research fabs.
- Generate new ideas and solutions for current and future ASML metrology and patterning products
Education and experience
PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material science, Applied mathematics or Electrical engineering with experience in computational modeling / numerical simulations
We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher with the following expertise:
- Experience with computational model development and calibration
- Effective collaboration in an multidisciplinary team
- Extracting simplified, yet reasonably accurate model representations from complex physical and/or chemical processes/reactions
- Experience with cleanroom fabrication techniques or semiconductor manufacturing processing steps is appreciated
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills atvarious levels in the organization
- Strong technical background anddrive towards results
- Able to see and develop the biggerpicture
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Research is responsible for creating ideas and solutions that contribute to the ASML roadmaps.The group “SEM and Process modelling” is responsible for innovations in the area of SEM metrology and computational lithography. The group takes a holistic view to semiconductor patterning, where optimizing all processing steps together can yield more than optimizing each processing step independently.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.