30+ days ago - req31072
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the development of the ASML products. The department Machine Conditioning DUV Scanner (MC DUV Scanner) is charged with specifying, analyzing, designing and testing fluid and thermal sub-systems and control solutions. Within the department , the group Thermal Architecture is concerned with the temperature stability control of critical machine parts, heat removal, global thermal stability and optical sensor conditioning of ASML’s DUV systems. Goal is to provide a thermally stable machine environment therewith supporting the advancing performance and throughput specifications of our tools.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and optimize thermal hardware and strategies to further improve system performance on mK and nm level, as well as optimizing industrialization aspects (ranging from cost of goods to cycle time and availability) for those solutions.
- In your role you work in our cleanrooms to test the performance of your solutions on ASML machines or experimental setups. You prepare specifications for the design and implementation of these solutions and make the link between high level system performance and thermal behavior. As such you will be involved in verifying and improving system performance as well as solving critical (customer) related issues.
- The job combines analytical and experimental work, but you also need the personal skills to effectively communicate with the involved stakeholders within the ASML organization to get your solutions implemented. You liaise with colleagues from other competencies (such as electronics, mechatronics and software development), as well as with our suppliers and customers, to come to the best integral solution for the machine functionality that you are working on.
Education and experience
(Technical) University MSc in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Must have experience: studies, internships and / or working experience on thermal / flow design, heat and mass transfer. Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of heat and mass flow.
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent designing process.
- About 4 years, or recent graduates with high potential.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Able to display a “helicopter”-view
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.