30+ days ago - req31085
US Internship - System Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Introduction to the job
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these challenges requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program with start dates 5/13, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate the interns to be on-site Summer 2022.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support the Source Performance team with various activities within the team, from data analysis, modelling, potentially tests execution. To achieve this, the intern will:
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers on source performance topics
- Perform data analysis, modelling, support with experimental testing when applicable
- Analyze data, review, report and document results and present to the team.
- Additional tasks will be tailored to match the education / experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
Education and experience
- Current active students in Engineering, Optics, Physics is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- Matlab experience, modelling skills and strong analytical skills, data analysis and formulate hypothesis required.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Possess a creative mind in order to find novel design solutions.
- Have as strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative with little guidance.
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to accept feedback from a variety of stakeholders.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.