30+ days ago - req31160
Competence Engineer (EUV Bottom) - Customer Support
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven in the Netherlands with local offices at our customers worldwide (e.g. Intel, IBM, Samsung) As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic systems. The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in you competence, you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (=Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab.
You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with the Development & Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in Veldhoven.
- A role as Competence Engineer at ASML consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities;
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers;
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation;
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network;
Bottom is a broad competency, interfacing with complex modules of the ASML equipment. This to ensure that all our subsystems work together on nanometer accuracy during wafer exposures.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in technical science with a clear Mechatronics mindset (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an engineering or customer support role. Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying for this role where you explain your motivation to join our team.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.