21 days ago - req31136
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturability oversite during the design phase thru new product introduction and serve as the “eyes of the customer” before we introduce new technologies and designs to our customers.
The Manufacturing Engineer in EUV designs, develops implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture, fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of parts, components, sub-assemblies, ensuring Design for Manufacturability and Assembly, final assemblies and systems as well as system hardware and software interface and system controls.
- Evaluate prototype and manufacturing practices to develop optimized process flows to ensure repeatability and quality.
- Partner with design engineering during prototype, piloting, final product and tooling design reviews to ensure manufacturability, quality, and reliability.
- Write requirements documents and serves as advocate in design process for Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturability principals.
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Pilot Manufacturing phase and transition to sustaining engineering.
- Lead and/or participate as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Drive and track project progress and updates database to meet defined schedule.
- Develop and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals.
- Collect issues identified by technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation.
- Participate in design and process FMEA.
- Transfer knowledge to volume factory responsible for executing builds and qualification.
- Validate build/test sequence and material allocations.
- Write and validate assembly and test processes and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Evaluate and analyzes data acquired during tests. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Perform failure analysis, uses data for product industrialization changes.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members on root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies and statistical analysis/process control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or masters in Electrical Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of four(4) years of experience is preferred in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Prior Lithography experience preferred.
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Experience with MRP system; SAP preferred.
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred.
- Systems engineering and interaction experience – hardware and software interface.
- Some software, controls experience preferred.
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to analyze and translate data to effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude.
- Able to read technical drawings and interpret specifications.
- Able to define Bill of Material structure in support of defined build sequence.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship and network building.
- Partner with peer organizations as member of multi-disciplinary teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Customer service and focus.
- Stake holder management.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Multitasking, priority setting and risk management.
- Team focused but individually accountable.
- Hands on and desire to be the Subject Matter Expert.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.