30+ days ago - req31155
Senior Electrical Design Engineer Laser Light Positioning EUV
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic safety systems and connectivity solutions in high-tech products? Do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline and design experience? We might be looking for you!
As an senior design engineer you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electronic concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the multifunctional architects and relevant stakeholders (e.g. SW, Computer systems). The senior design engineer contributes to the design of the complete electrical system that controls the human safety and machine damage functions in the beam transport system and focus unit.
Role and responsibilities
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Specify interfaces between Electronic and SW domain.
• Specify, document and maintain safety control infrastructure (PLC’s, remote IO, electrical modules) and related firmware.
• Act as the Electronics representative, interacting intensively in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
• Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
• Contribute to the roadmap regarding embedded electronics and interfaces (e.g. definitions towards SW diagnostic tooling) within our ASML system.
• Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues (e.g. uptime, quality and diagnostics).
• Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
• Act as a technical coach for other team members.
Other aspects of this job
• Act as an EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Creating personal work breakdown and planning in open communication with multiple stakeholders (cross-projects).
• Support and Knowledge Transfer to Electronic, Functional and SW design & production engineers .
• Assist in problem solving during 1st product integration.
Education and experience
Bachelor degree or higher in electrical/electronic/SW engineering or equivalent.
•Multiple years of experience as architect and/or designer of Electrical Safety functions in strong collaboration with SW teams to establish agreement on specifications.
•Experience in coupling of embedded systems (e.g. Beckhoff PLC)with interfaces to Realtime SW systems is required
•Experience in specifying interfaces wrt timing, control and version management is required
•Knowledge on standards for EMC and electrical safety (International (IEC) standards, US standards (NFPA, UL)) and preferably SEMI.
•Experience in electrical safety standards & communication protocols (e.g. OPC-UA, ADS)is preferred.
•Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers & remote IO is preferred.
•Experience with sensors and actuation systems is a plus.
•Experience with ASML standards and Ways of Workings is highly appreciated, either as a former ASML employee or contractor.
•Knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics, software is a plus.
•Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills;
• Structured with eye for details.
• Leadership. Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
• Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
• Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
• Quality focus.
• Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV EUV the group Laser Light Positioning (LLP) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for the beam transport system and focus unit.
The Senior Design Engineer reports to the EDEV EUV LLP Group Manager.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.