30+ days ago - req31275
Application Development Engineer- Inspection
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Develop application for world’s most advanced e-beam inspection systems to enhance their value. Provide application support to increase the utilization of high throughput e-beam system for customer’s yield enhancement in high volume manufacture environment. Working closely with customer and development engineering, application development engineer is responsible for developing application using high resolution, high throughput e-beam systems to provide monitor and control solution for advanced nodes in semi-conductor industries.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the work related to new single-beam (SBI) system and new feature application development through experiment design, hands-on execution, data collection & analysis, and reports compiling.
- Support the work related to new e-beam inspection software product application development. Collaborate effectively with other groups in D&E and system engineers to design and perform feasibility studies to validate inspection performance.
- Provide onsite application support at customer site, including evaluation of new SBI system, use case demo, tool to tool matching and issue escalation & troubleshooting.
- Document and transfer new applications to worldwide customer support team.
- Provide application training for customers and local field application engineers.
- Engage with customer on novel application products for new business opportunities.
Education and experience
- M.S. and above in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or Chemical Engineering.
- 1-3 years experience in related fields is a plus for candidates, including IC manufacturing, semiconductor process technology, ebeam inspection / metrology or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience on semiconductor process or equipment is preferred.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Skills &Competencies
- Able to communicate with counterparts efficiently on project work.
- Good team player to drive product development with stakeholders.
- Travel Up to 50% of the time domestic and/or international
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- U.S. flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – Hybrid Working Model.
Role within the cleanroom
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds once a day in the cleanroom. The majority of time is in the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role.All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.