Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31289
Financial Controller Systems & UF Sales
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Financial Accountant Sales is responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting relating to the sales activities within the Global Enabling Services – Financial Services (GES - FS) Systems & UF Sales department of ASML. You will ensure proper and timely external reporting in compliance with US GAAP, other local GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance, herewith challenging underlying assumptions. It is a challenging position in a hectic, dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines and direct impact on ASML’s financial results. A position with growth opportunities within ASML.
Role and responsibilities
The focus in this position is on executing and optimizing the accounting and reporting processes of the contracts with our customers and all related sales activities and ensuring proper reporting on revenues.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of sales related accounting for ASML products (systems and options). Maintain and control related balance sheets;
- Execute accounting in an effective and efficient way in compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Perform actual entries based on standard work instruction;
- Perform period end close activities;
- Develop and demonstrate strong understanding of the sales processes, reflected in the reports, analysis and commentaries provided;
- Liaise with Invoicing, Operations, Sales, Business Control and the Business Lines on escalations resulting from the sales flow registration process (SAP);
- Support in improvement initiatives in the area of sales accounting and the revenue recognition process;
- Proactively seek for continuous improvements in the execution of activities, improving efficiency and quality;
- Execution and documentation of internal control framework and SOX controls for the applicable processes.
Education and experience
- Bachelor / Masters degree in Finance / Business Economics. RA/RC degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years of relevant experience, preferably at one of the big 4 audit firms;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the requirements as result thereof;
- Affinity of new IT developments (SAP4HANA, RPO, continuous monitoring, big data, etc.)
- Experience with Spotfire / Excel reports and building of dashboards;
- Experience with SAP ECC / SD is preferred.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
- Committed and flexible (going the extra mile)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communicative skills
- Accurate and compliance-minded
- Strives for continuous improvement
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows:
Add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.
To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance,integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The Financial Analyst Sales reports to the GES-FS Team Manager Systems & UF Sales. He/she interacts with various departments and layers in and outside of finance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter explaining your motivation.