14 days ago - req31244
Optics Project Lead/Product Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The WF Optics Project Lead/Product Engineer will lead the industrialization and operational excellence of optics in the Wilton Factory. The candidate will drive improvement efforts to secure targets related to yield, cycle time, and labor hours while influencing behaviors/decisions at several levels of the organization. The candidate will evaluate products for Make/Buy decisions, taking into account the manufacturing competencies for a competitive advantage for ASML in technology, cost, or time to market. The candidate will interact with various production and design engineering teams, as well as senior management at the Wilton, CT and Veldhoven, NL sites.
The WF Optics Project Lead/Product Engineer will:
- Drive development and closure of continuous improvement actions related to key metrics, such as: cycle time, yield, and labor hours.
- Ensure robust definition of fabrication processes/sequences, driving/approving changes across multiple fabrication disciplines.
- Review of quality documents/measurements to highlight out-of-spec/population conditions. Use this data to define trends for corrective action and consult cross-sector team for specification changes.
- Develop and/or improve manufacturing readiness plans based on changing move rate requirements.
- Provide data-driven analysis to contribute to strategic long-term planning and ASML’s production roadmap.
- Summarize budgetary requirements for capital equipment and engineering/technician headcount.
- Clearly update senior management on changes in the project’s triple constraint (time, resources, scope).
- Provide routine, formal risk analyses and help requests, as necessary, to ensure timely delivery of quality products.
- Function as recognized business partner to WF Assy team, helping to facilitate flow of information and roll-out of new initiatives, as necessary.
Education and experience
- Bachelor of Science in technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Certifications are a bonus (PMP, Lean, etc).
- 5-7 years work experience in a high-tech, production environment.
- 2-4 yrs project management experience.
- Has interfaced with internal/external customers at technical/task management level.
- History of completing individual and team-oriented tasks under tight deadlines.
- Intermediate-to-advanced computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, and Sharepoint.
- Proven ability to learn and navigate customized software, including ERP systems and informational databases.
- Willingness to engage in hands-on research to understand manufacturing processes/dependencies and assess/balance risks.
- Ability to interact and influence at various organizational levels to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal accountability.
- Adaptability to changing processes and plans in a high-pressure, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, identify critical content, and drive discussion/action with various stakeholders.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.