17 days ago - req31240
Senior DevOps Competence Engineer – Test and Integration Infrastructure - Hardware - Guaranteed sign
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
Are you hardworking and results-oriented DevOps engineer? Do you have a passion for programming and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations, then read on!
The job entails working in a DevOps team in both a support and development role. It is a hands-on position supporting hardware infrastructures and pipelines that enable the testing of production Scanner code, on physical hardware, through automation.
As a Software Design Engineer your responsibility includes:
- Setup and maintain automation infrastructures (Test Benches and Test Rigs) that facilitate the testing of production software on physical hardware.
- Continually improve the performance and turn-around-time of regression suites and smoke tests performed on physical hardware.
- Ensure lab equipment adheres to safety codes.
- To work within the DevOps release train on new innovations that reduce the amount of manual testing work required by integrating physical hardware into CI/CD pipelines.
- Perform unit testing and on target infrastructures to ensure the infrastructure meets the performance and reliability standards are engineers expect.
- Evaluate technical issues, risks, and dependencies for new automation projects.
- Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders to gather a complete understanding of their requirements.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- You will also participate in continuous process improvement activities aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout software development lifecycle are increasing the team’s ability to develop high quality software in the most efficient manner.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent experience.
- Degree or experience in Computer systems engineering, Systems Administration, Operational IT support, or Lab support and operations.
- Minimum 5 of years’ experience in system administration for Linux Environments.
- General lab management support-adherence to safety protocols.
- Soft skill requirements: strong English communication skills, both written and oral, ability to influence others, strong collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in the bash scripting.
Proficiency in embedded systems management to include:
- PXE booting.
- UBoot configuration and trouble shooting.
- TFTP server administration.
- LAN configuration and troubleshooting using Wireshark.
- Linux Kickstarting.
- DNS configuration.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
The essential job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced office environment, including working in a standing or seated position for long periods of up to 12 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Commute to ASML’s facility and report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis.
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), filing, calculating, and use of telephone or other handheld electronic devices, continuously for up to 10 hours per day, five days per week.
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.