Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - req31263
Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will focus primarily on Mechanical with Electrical support components which are used in the EUV Source. The SQE partners internally and with our suppliers to proactively realize parts with zero supplier quality issues.This is achieved by ensuring that our designs are optimized by involving those who will manufacture it, and validating the supplier manufacturing/qualification processes.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer at ASML San Diego, you will work closely with Design Engineering and cross-functional teams across ASML to ensure our suppliers are enabled to meet product specifications and quality requirements.You are a key player in ensuring success for ASML products and quality to our customers.Our SQE's are responsible for deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers such as the Statement Of Work (SOW), Technical Product Documentation Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation reports, manufacturing flows, P-FMEA, Test Coverage Documents including SPC and Part Qualification Report.
Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for:
- Technology development, being the single point ofcontact that coordinates design and development tasks required to buildthe NPI parts or assemblies to specification at suppliers, may includedesign co-development.
- Quality, to secure the level of industrializationrequired to manufacture this part with zero defects in high volume.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Guides new products from the design and developmentteams to the Suppliers for New product introduction (NPI) builds as wellas managing transitions to volume production.
- Secures (NPI) first time right into the ASML factory orcustomers.
- Defines the complex parts list with Technology Gapsenabling supplier selection with sourcing.
- Generates (SOW) to ensure clear roles andresponsibilities between ASML and the supplier, as well as a clearmanufacturing plan of record.
- Engages with Development Engineering and ourManufacturing Partners to ensure proper and timely concurrent engineeringincluding: Design for: Manufacturability, Test, Cost, Serviceability, etc.
- Defines product qualification strategy in alignmentwith D&E and Manufacturing Engineering
- Completes Root Cause Analyses to drive Zero HourDefects.
- Implements improvement plans for any quality-relatedcomplaints on products/processes from the supplier or customer
- Arranges and control supplier interface processes, suchas issue resolution, root cause analysis, qualification, deviation, ASMLfactory disturbances.
- Contributes to supplier development to improveoperational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements andimprovement actions.
Education and experience
- BS Degree or higher in Engineering/Science likeElectrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Materials or equivalentscientific/engineering discipline and2 years of relevant experience.
- Quality Certifications are a plus.
- New Product Development – A good understanding of theproduct development and Industrialization process (including DFM, DFT,DFC, etc.).
- Quality Tools – Proficient in the use of quality toolsincluding: pFMEA, SPC / CPk, 5-Why, MSA, Gauge R&R, Pareto, Ishikawa,8D, Six Sigma Tools.
- Zero Defect -Understand and have a Zero Defect mindset.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings andspecifications, Industry specific standards (i.e. GD&T, AQC, IPC, MilSpecs, ANSI, ASTM, etc.), and knowledge of change control methods andprocesses.
- Understanding of how to design Electrical parts to fitinto Mechanical assemblies. (Heaters, Cabling, Connectors).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Communication – Excellent communication skills bothwritten and verbal. Must be able to partner cross-functionally and withsuppliers; should be able to negotiate and escalate with tact.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations andinteract with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information,and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customersatisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency andprofessionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention todetail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demandingenvironment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and followthrough on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professionalcommunication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative workingrelationships with co-workers and customer.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in either San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Approximately 10% - 20% travel required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.