17 days ago - req31386
Medior and Senior Functional Engineer On Product Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Data science, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
What is your dream role as an experienced technical engineer? Let’s define it together!
ASML is a world-leader in lithography, and R&D is crucial in developing the right solutions for and with our customers. The Applications D&E department aims to be our customers’ first choice providing self-learning metrology and fab solutions for efficient control, faster ramp-up and optimal output. All development activities need to be conducted within the constraints of specification, time and budget as demanded by market conditions. Additionally, a technical consulting activity for our customers is operated, that designs and helps implementing integral solutions for On-Product Performance (OPP) based on the products developed by ASML.
Role and responsibilities
Our highly qualified people develop & deliver integrated metrology and control solutions to optimize the yield of semiconductor device manufacturing.
As a Functional Engineer, you will design, integrate, verify and implement control solutions that improve the performance on the product of our customers. Your scope goes beyond the performance of ASML’s lithography equipment.
ASML will work with you to check which role and team within our On Product Performancedepartment fits you. Our goal is to define a career that can be in several engineering positions within our On Product Performance departments.
The job as Functional Engineer within On Product Performanceconsists of following activities:
- Do data analysis with models and algorithms partly developed by yourself;
- Execute budget breakdown and root-cause identification analysis on customer data;
- Create proposals for improving the on-product performance;
- Help implementing and executing the proposal at the customer;
- Support implementation of solutions for on-product monitoring, control and improvements into application SW products;
- Provide integration strategy for the full product together with the system integration teams
- Define the product alpha test for final performance evaluation
- Participate actively in identifying future product features;
- Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide may be part of the job.
Education and experience
Master’s or PhD degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical), with a solid background in the majority of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, control theory, (semiconductor) process technology, semiconductor device physics, and/or Design of Experiment.
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience in an industrial research, development, or process control organization;
- You master MatLab or similar data processing tools;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to look at challenges from a broad perspective;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is highly desirable;
- Your initial responsibilities will be adapted to your experience level. In case of limited experience, adequate training will be provided for enabling development to senior engineer level.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have a strong pragmatic and problem solving attitude with an analytical view; Acting decisively while dealing with many unknowns;
- You have a ‘make-it-happen’ attitude;
- You know your stakeholders and communicate proactively;
- You are a team player and take responsibility.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.