30+ days ago - req31395
Quality Business Architect
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring Global Quality in terms of its Business processes, business information, IT Systems and Governance. This person aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding capabilities; processes; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Business Architect works to develop an integrated view of Quality Management within ASML, providing strategic and solution direction for the capability improvement programs in ASML. This includes recommendations for solution development based on Industry standards and delivery of business value, technology stacks and interoperability with other process domains where Quality Management is integral part off.
Role and responsibilities
The Business Architect reports into Head of QMA, Regulatory and Compliance and works closely with a counterpart in IT to align technical solutions with business needs. The Business Architect works through others at every level of the Quality Management sector soliciting strategic imperatives from senior leaders and executives, and Sector & Sub sector leaders as they leverage business architecture artifacts to create their business plans. The Business Architect works together with the Quality Global Business Process Owner and Global Business Process Lead to align on handover, direction and guidance from ASML portfolio to Projects. The Business Architect will represent Global Quality in the ONE Architect Team and works closely with the Business Architects from other ASML sectors on ONE Architecture. Finally, the Business Architect may provide direct input into the governance cycle that supports the achievement of key goals, planning and execution of various business scenarios, and delivery of bottom line business value.
- Develop abusiness architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of variousbusiness scenarios and motivations.
- Apply astructured business architecture approach and methodology for capturingthe key views of the enterprise.
Capture thetactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability throughthe organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoinggovernance.
- Describe theprimary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish betweencustomer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and businessmanagement functions.
- Define theset of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional andorganizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such ascustomers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with thebusiness; and describe which people, resources and controls are involvedin the processes.
- Define thedata shared across the enterprise and the relationships between thosedata.
- Capturethe relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, thedecomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal orexternal management of those units.
Education and experience
- MSc degree
- Preferred: certified in TOGAF9 and Archimate3
- 10+ yrs work experience, of which 5+ yrs experience in business process re-engineering, IT related projects and defining and improving people competencies;
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills combined with business sense; ability to deal with many uncertainties;
- Experienced leader in Quality Management;
- Experienced business change manager. Preferred Black Belt and/or Lean certified.
- Lead in structure, prioritization, decisiveness;
- Natural leader, outgoing, easy to be approached;
- Strong communicator, while sensitive to stakeholder field;
- Remain persistent until the goal has been reached;
- Take responsibility for the decisions;
- Explain/ present matters to people with different skills and background;
- Demonstrate effective, constructive cooperation in cross-sector teams;
- Handle conflicts & set priorities, while aware of sub cultures;
- Show healthy sense of urgency;
- Professional communication in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.