30+ days ago - req31436
GSC DUV Engineer ILP Europe
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts. The goal is to remotely solve technical challenges, however due to complexity of our products an ASML Global Support Center (GSC) engineer often gets the opportunity to travel for problem solving at customer sites (up to 20% of your time).
The Global Support Center (GSC) provides 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents with offices in the Netherlands, USA and Taiwan.
Role and responsibilities
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging:
1. Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC Engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. Involving additional help from development engineers helps to drive fast incident resolution. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at the customer.
2. Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future. Collaboration with the departments CS Engineering and Development is necessary to establish that goal.
3. The diversity of problems in a fast evolving company requires a continuous drive to stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge are very valuable within GSC.
4. Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increases the efficiency of our customer service. Travelling on-site when new system types are introduced to customers is an example of this aspect.
The diversity of technical problems encountered in GSC requires a broad knowledge level. This makes that a GSC ILP engineer gains very valuable general system knowledge. For this reason a job within this team is an excellent starting function for a career in a high tech environment. Growth possibilities in both technical and (project-) management directions can be thought of.
Illumination & Projection
The ILP team supports issues in the light path of the system. This starts with the beam delivery from the laser and ends with the light reaching the wafer. Mechanical module functionality, light behavior through different parts of the system and abstract modeling of the effect on the end product are some examples of the skills that need to be mastered in this role. In addition there is a coordinating function as the team works closely with our suppliers for laser and lens.
Education and experience
Master degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Aerospace Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Experience as a Customer Support Engineer in a technical (industrial) environment, as well as proven troubleshooting skills is required. Experience in a ASML engineering or customer support role is considered a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- “Get things done” mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Interpersonal abilities (Can relate well to others, both colleagues and customers)
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written)
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments
- Team player
- Stress resistant
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.