30+ days ago - req31501
Competence Engineer (Software Source+Scanner EUV) - Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to be part of shaping the future?
Are you aware of the fact that every electronic device costing €100 and up, contains a chip which is made with an ASML lithographic tool? Did you know that the next generation of tablets and smartphones is only made possible due to the fast evolving technological capabilities of ASML? Are you the analytical thinker who would like to be part of shaping the future?
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven in the Netherlands with local offices at our customers worldwide (e.g. Intel, IBM, Samsung) As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic systems. The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in you competence, you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (=Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab.
You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with the Development & Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in Veldhoven.
A role as Competence Engineer at ASML consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers;
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation;
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.Software is a broad competency, interfacing with all complex modules of the ASML equipment. This to ensure that all our subsystems work together on nanometer accuracy during wafer exposures.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent experience is desired;
- Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an engineering or customer support role. Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Affinity with Software build and integration;
- Affinity with change and issue management;
- Good team player with good communication skills;
- Result driven, “make it happen attitude;”
- Accurate in way of working;
- Quality mindset Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.