30+ days ago - req31539
CS US Regional Quality Specialist
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The CS US Regional Quality team’s main focus areas are; Customer focused quality (CQN follow-up), Material/Tool quality, CS processes for Material/Tool quality and Operational quality. The team’s mission is to drive the quality mindset within the CS US organization with all the CS quality areas in close collaboration with Operations team, Central Quality team, Global quality team and regional team. As a Quality specialist, the mission will be to drive the Quality performance on the respective site/sites and maintain an overview of the roadmap of CS US Regional Quality team. The holder of this position reports to the CS US Regional Manager for Quality and Knowledge and provides indirect and direct support to US regional sites and is the primary contact for CS US Regional Quality team for their site/sites.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- As a CS US Regional Quality specialist, the main responsibility will be to drive Quality roadmaps for your site.
- Work as the Quality ambassador of CS regional quality team in the respective site/sites.
- Drive Quality improvement processes and projects in CS for US region and share the learning across the region.
- Work with global quality on reducing customer quality complaints and following up on CS indued quality issues.
- Share learnings of the site’s quality issues and improvement plans with whole US region.
- Work with other quality specialists and quality program lead to drive standardization of Quality related reporting/communications across the region and contribute to US-wide structure.
- Secure good relationship with stakeholders in Global Quality, Central Quality, US Sites to align on Quality improvement processes, strategies, structure and approach.
- Ensure coordination and execution of operational and tactical activities within the sites and US region.
- Work with Line manager, Quality Program lead and other quality specialists on building the roadmap for CS US Regional Quality team.
- Build strong network and relationship with the respective site/sites to motivate and coach local teams in achieving quality in their daily work. Work with operations to enable and empower quality processes.
- Ensure alignment within CS US Regional Quality team on the respective site’s progress and plans on quality roadmap.
- Cooperate with multiple levels to achieve effective allocation of work and resources to resolve quality issues.
- Ensure alignment within the CS US region, CS Central Quality, Global Quality organizations with key stakeholders across other regions for solutions and implementations of Quality structure and processes.
- Aligning and updating the key stakeholders on roadmap and improvement plans within US region and the respective site.
- Aligning within CS US Regional quality team on the processes, updating US region with the solutions and implementations of it.
- Flexibility to travel on short notice for domestic or international travel (<40%) if needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Industrial experience within ASML or outside is preferred but not necessary.
- Background in Quality will be preferred but not necessary.
- Background in Fab operations will be preferred.
- Passion for quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build credibility with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of ASML systems will be helpful.
- Good coordination, organization, documentation and communications skills.
- Managing stakeholders of technical professionals at all levels.
- You can influence and drive supporting departments to aim for the higher goal of CS and ASML.
- Teamwork and positive attitude in challenging situations is necessary.
- Driving complex problems towards simplest solutions mindset.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with sites of diverse cultures and ways of working.
- You think and act on a strategic level and can influence without power.
- Out of the box thinking, and striving for simple solutions.
- You can identify bottlenecks and drive improvements with accountability.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Monitors, drives and analyzes the Quality targets for respective US Site.
- Helps CS US regional quality team to drive quality targets and develop processes.
- Ensures alignment between CS US Region, Global Quality and CS Central Quality.
- Drives process releases for quality within the respective site and ensures progress and success.
- Thinks ahead on what growth plans are needed for the site and triggers the new processes based on that.
- Bridges the gap in EUV/DUV Quality processes and responsible to balance requirements for EUV/DUV quality needs.
- Bridges the gap in US regional quality and helps share learnings, developing processes for the site to improve quality in the respective site/sites.
- Keeps regional and central stakeholders aligned and updated on monthly, quarterly and yearly Quality roadmaps.
- Keeps track of progress on the Quality improvement plans and roadmaps and deviations from it for the site/sites.
- Works with local teams to drive Quality KPIs on site level.
- Proactively review the processes that are in place for quality and works with local team on developing efficient and structural process for structural improvement in Quality.
- Work with other teams of regional organization to ensure the structural improvements to increase business intelligence for the operation.
- Position requires up to 40% travel and willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid passport and driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel within US and internationally.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.