You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31565
Electrostatic Analyst Wafer Clamps
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Electrostatic Wafer Clamps are the mechanical interface between our EUV machine and the wafers that it processes. A product that is key in our machine performance and needs to provide a nanometer stable platform for a million plus wafer passes in a highly dynamic customer environment. It requires the application and fundamental understanding of electrostatics, materials, manufacturing technology and precision engineering to realize this.
We are looking to strengthen the Electrostatics team to understand and solve the most challenging complex issues and helps us fulfilling our technological and manufacturing roadmap.
Role and responsibilities
As a technical specialist in the EUV wafer clamping group you are our self-propelling technical motor who contributes to a fundamental understanding of our clamping function, generates solutions to complex and challenging technical issues, and gives direction to new wafer clamping designs and concepts.
- Expand the fundamental knowledge on wafer clamping behavior
- Link theory from physics and engineering to practice, by doing hands-on experiments on our test equipment.
- Use this knowledge to create concrete solutions for existing issues and new designs and generate intellectual property in the field of clamping functionality.
- Build and improve required test equipment and methodologies to create design guidelines in the feasibility phases of new products.
- Interact with a team of 10-15 professionals on the technical side in the field of Physics and Electronics
- Create, maintain and expand a multi-disciplinary knowledge network
Education and experience
Masters or PhD in Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering and 2+ year work experience in a fundamental and experimental research and development environment in high tech industry.
- Creating experimental measurement setups and executing design of experiments
- Reliability engineering and manufacturing techniques, preferably glass, ceramics and coatings
- Wafers and wafer-processing
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of electrostatics, vacuum technology, materials and surface technology
- Drive to understand and explain complex matters
- Able to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic / Hands-on mentality
- Proficient in analysis tools like Matlab, Labview, Finite Element methods like COMSOL and Ansys
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting, fluent in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. They push capabilities of our technology to the level that are even considered to be impossible by external experts. They also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though they stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions. Not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture?
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.