Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31570
Major Deliverable Owner
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Major Deliverable Owner (MDO) position for the EUV EXE Reticle Stage project within the EUV business line, reporting to the D&E US WT DE RRU E Reticle Stage Advanced Systems department in Wilton. The responsibilities include project management, leading the team, driving the execution and reporting status and planning for the assigned deliverables within the scope of the next-gen EUV Reticle Stage project with focus on quality, cost, and on-time delivery in support of ASML business interests and customers.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The D&E US WT DE RRU E Reticle Stage Advanced Systems, a division of ASML’s D&E US WT DE RRU Department, in Wilton CT is seeking an semi-experienced Major Deliverable Owner (MDO). This position will involve:
- Lead multiple small (~1-4FTE) multi-disciplinary, development teams to complete work for different milestones. Some project teams may grow in the near future.
- Plan, lead and maintain close oversight of the process development work at suppliers.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans for the deliverables.
- Create and drive a resource plan through final shipment work including in-house and farmout.
- Define deliverables for engineers and suppliers, maintain close oversight on progress.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on time delivery of prototypes and volume units.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment and agreements within the teams and between the teams in the US and the suppliers in the US and Europe.
- Manage project structure.
- Work with Task Leaders and Architects to define the project scope and required budget.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Keep daily control.
- Understand how own module links to the total machine.
- Properly manage impact of changes of own module on whole machine.
- Manage risks and internal customer requirements.
- Is able to assess and address technical risk based on input of architects and design engineers.
- Respond to requests for changes with impact assessment and secures project agreements before accepting changes.
Education and experience
Bachelor's degree is required
Masters Degree in engineering or technical / scientific field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on project management
- Ability to understand complex mechatronics systems and appreciate the multidisciplinary technical aspects including the mechanical, electrical, optical, design for manufacturability, manufacturing process and sourcing.
- Previous experience leading a project or team.
- Candidate must have excellent communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Candidate must have a strong leadership and drive the development to a quality result, able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team.
- Must have excellent commitment and multi-tasking skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to interface with multidisciplinary groups.
- Willingness to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Relevant knowledge in mechatronics, dynamics, servo control and manufacturing process development highly desirable.
- Understanding ASML WOW, including KD process, and management principles desirable.
- Understands needs of internal customer (project) and acts effectively on these needs.
- Recognizes contribution of individual team members.
- Is able to lead collaborative problem solving session with design engineers.
- Good planning and analytical skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.